The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
King Leigh
Your original idea was to see how we are destroying our environment. A sewage plant is equally as unpleasant as a landfill, but how does it go along with the moral of your suggesions?

it doesnt.. just another idea to go see something a bit different.. lol
Old Trafford, the THeatre of Dreams :smile:
HagerVor

i'm talking about landfill for household waste.. smell the smells.. look at the dead birds trapped in those plastic can holder things.. see where your rubbish really goes...

is that actually true about those things? i've been cutting them up for years now, always had the doubt it was just a myth!

yeh, you should come to manchester!

or go here http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/anotherplace/
http://www.visitliverpool.com/site/product-p76741

if you like beaches and art that is! tis near liverpool. ive been there about 4-5 times now lol
Norwich Castle... If you get bored, the Castle Mall is near-by... lol.
Reply 24
Loch Ness... try find Nessie!

or Ballamorie...
Edinburgh is good
London
Cornwall if it gets a bit warmer
Bognor Regis
Bham of course....we got a big wheel!!11
Clacton-on-Sea
Southend-On-Sea
Dover
Folkestone
Bexhill-On-Sea
Eastbourne
Morecombe Bay
Margate
Brighton & Hove
Great Yarmouth
Bournemouth
Lime Regis
Bognor Regis
Torquay
Newquay
Weston-Super-Mare
Llandudno
Blackpool
Southport
Whitehaven
Newbiggin-By-The-Sea
Whitley Bay
South Shields
Sunderland-Near-The-Sea
Hartlepool
Satburn-By-The-Sea
Marske-By-The-Sea
Whitby
Scarborough
Bridlington
Cleethorpes
Skegness

Superior Seaside Resorts!!

Or.. you could get the book of crap towns and visit them? me and me mates did that - they are hilarious!!! Been to Newport, Billingham, Nottingham, Yate, Stockport, Portsmouth- they are excellent! See how bad they really are and make a different day out!
Reply 28
drawmeamonkey
is that actually true about those things? i've been cutting them up for years now, always had the doubt it was just a myth!

100% true... don't have to worry about cutting them up if you buy bottles.. the beer tastes better that way too :smile:
Reply 29
drawmeamonkey
if you like beaches and art that is! tis near liverpool. ive been there about 4-5 times now lol

Beaches and art is cool! nice one!

Nice1Sunderland
Or.. you could get the book of crap towns and visit them? me and me mates did that - they are hilarious!!! Been to Newport, Billingham, Nottingham, Yate, Stockport, Portsmouth- they are excellent! See how bad they really are and make a different day out!

Haha that sounds randomly different! although coming from Stoke i think we were voted the worst in the country! im fair sure everywhere we can possibly visit is an improvement!
I'm so surprised no one has mentioned York!

It's like,the 2nd most visited city in England or something.

Which sadly means it's full of bloody tourists from now until September time,grrrr.
Ah, saafend on sea is a total must see!

Pier got half burnt down a few months ago, probably started by chavs, come see the ruins! Just kidding, but never come here, it's the posterior-end of the UK if ever there was one. It got voted the best place to retire in the country a while ago as well! :rofl:
*Not* Gloucester :P. Which helps because it narrows down the places you *should* visit by one whole city :P.
Reply 33
Definitely Newquay! In fact all the beaches along the Cornish coast. Awesome day drive driving along the coast.
Reply 34
cherrychocolate
I'm so surprised no one has mentioned York!

It's like,the 2nd most visited city in England or something.

Which sadly means it's full of bloody tourists from now until September time,grrrr.

*high fives*

I'm from York :biggrin:
Reply 35
Or.. you could get the book of crap towns and visit them? me and me mates did that - they are hilarious!!! Been to Newport, Billingham, Nottingham, Yate, Stockport, Portsmouth- they are excellent See how bad they really are and make a different day out![/QUOTE

Not when u live there their not!
Reply 36
Ideas...

Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Dungeon
Chamber Street Museum, Edinburgh - Free entry (I'm not sad in the slightest)
Edinburgh, in general - love Edinburgh!
London Dungeon
Stirling Castle
Alton Towers
Yorvik Viking Centre Centre, York
York in general - great historical city!
Scarborough (in the summer)
Flamingo Land (went there as a kid - loved it)
Hadrians Wall
St Andrews in good weather
Visit a few mountain ranges in Scotland
Glencoe

I would have said Trafalger Square when the pigeons were there but there's no more pigeons crapping on the statues anymore *sniff* I thought it was great fun to have 10 pigeons on my arm at once!

I still need to visit the tower of London!
Reply 37
hybridchild

Haha that sounds randomly different! although coming from Stoke i think we were voted the worst in the country! im fair sure everywhere we can possibly visit is an improvement!

That was Luton wasn't it? It'd get my vote as well.

EDIT: Necromanced, sorry. Was in my Who Quoted Me, didn't realise it was so dead!
Reply 38
Glasgow!!!

Nessie is an elephant.
Reply 39
Definitely go to York, I came back from there on Thursday and want to live there permanently! This is from someone who doesn't really like England.

Latest

Trending

Trending