The Student Room Group

Graduate prospecs with a high 2:2 in second year

Hi, I (disappointingly) got a 59.5% in my second year, and will try to apply to graduate schemes soon. Second year, on my course, is worth 20% of the overall degree and third year is worth 80%.

Would I have trouble applying for graduate schemes if I say I'm expecting a 2:1?

Much appreciated!
Original post by angrydanmarin
Hi, I (disappointingly) got a 59.5% in my second year, and will try to apply to graduate schemes soon. Second year, on my course, is worth 20% of the overall degree and third year is worth 80%.

Would I have trouble applying for graduate schemes if I say I'm expecting a 2:1?

Much appreciated!

No harm in applying.
Reply 2

Much appreciated!

It won't be an issue. I was in a similar position after my second year and it didn't cause a problem with any of the companies I applied to. So long as you're predicted a 2.1 then it shouldn't be a problem, as from the recruiters point of view the offer will most likely be made conditionally on a 2.1 so they don't have to honour it if you don't get the grades anyway! However MAKE SURE you get that vital 2.1 in your final year, as a 2.2 overall would make finding a job much harder.

Much appreciated!

what subject

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending