The Student Room Group

Mentioning STEP results when applying for Oxford maths?

I got these results in STEP:

I - 1 (86)
II - 2 (66)
III - 3 (38)

I feel that my STEP II/III results will let me down, could I just mention I?
I fear that if they verify my grade in I that they might realise I hid the other results if that is not allowed (?)

Basically what would it be best to mention and can I just tell them about I? I was very disappointed with my result in III and I think I could have done much better if I did not get so stressed and I am worried that I may be frowned upon by Oxford for having a 3.

What should I do mention none, all of them, just I...?

Thanks for advice
(edited 11 years ago)
Why do you feel you should put it down in the first place?
Reply 2
Original post by Theafricanlegend
Why do you feel you should put it down in the first place?

A grade 1 in STEP would probably support my application because it shows I am good at Maths. If they see I didn't do so well in the others this mighty have a negative impact. I am not sure whether I have to put them all down anyway according to the UCAS rules.
Original post by oh_1993
A grade 1 in STEP would probably support my application because it shows I am good at Maths. If they see I didn't do so well in the others this mighty have a negative impact. I am not sure whether I have to put them all down anyway according to the UCAS rules.

I really have nothing to contribute, sorry, but i do know that any certified exams you should put in your form.. That doesn't mean that you have to put all of them in your PS, after all it is a document that is there to support you.

So just put STEP I in your PS i'd say! Also you've done it a year early i presume? So it should not hinder you.
Reply 4
Original post by Theafricanlegend
I really have nothing to contribute, sorry, but i do know that any certified exams you should put in your form.. That doesn't mean that you have to put all of them in your PS, after all it is a document that is there to support you.

So just put STEP I in your PS i'd say! Also you've done it a year early i presume? So it should not hinder you.

No, not a year early. I am reapplying to university.

Quick Reply

Latest