The Student Room Group

Vet Nursing Postgraduate??

I am currently studying Zoo Biology and will eventually have a BSc degree but afterwards I would really like to study Veterinary Nursing and become a qualified vet nurse. I'm finding it really hard to find any post-grad courses though and didn't want to spend more than a year/2 years doing it. Is it even possible??
Reply 1
Hi there,

I don't believe that there are any post-grad courses so the quickest and cheapest route would be to do the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing which leads to QVN status. Take a look at the British Veterinary Nursing Association website for more info. This link on their site gives more info about training following this route http://www.bvna.org.uk/smartweb/careers/overview . Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2
I'm just about to do a foundation degree in vet nursing and this is a 3 year course in order to fit in placement. The diploma in vet nursing is quicker because you would be working full time in a practice and going to college 1 day a week or you can do a block release which is blocks of theory and blocks of placement. as far as i know there are no postgraduate courses and it is not possible to complete the vn qualification in a year as you need 60/70 weeks in practice.
hope this helps and good luck. if you have any other questions, you can pm and i'd be happy to try and answer them as best i can :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
That was all really helpful thankyou!! I checked out the website and I think I understand what I'd have to do, even so, 2 years really isn't that long so I think I could do it. Thank you both!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending