The Student Room Group
Reply 1
That's awful, I feel so sorry for her. :sad:

Had to have a double-take when reading this though...

"In another case, it took Indian bride Minati Khatua of Rourkela six months to discover that she had married a woman and not a man, Telegraph India reported in 2010."

The...hell. :lolwut: How on earth do you hide THAT? :erm:
Reply 2
Yeah was wondering that.
Reply 3
What the....This article is intense!
Reply 4
Age gaps in relationships, there's a reason there's a stigma in dating someone "old enough to be your father".
oh dear this is so awful :sad: I hope they can move on from this and try and salvage a father:daughter relationship.
Reply 6
Original post by AspiringGenius
oh dear this is so awful :sad: I hope they can move on from this and try and salvage a father:daughter relationship.

Either you didn't read the article, or are into necrophilia - he's dead :tongue:
Reply 7

How horrific!
Especially since her spouse could have known.
And, her uncle actually knew too! I don't think I'd be able to forgive him for not telling me. Poor woman. :frown:

Like she said, the truth hurts, but people need to know! It would have hurt a lot less telling her that the man she'd been on a few dates with was her dad, rather than finding out like she did!
Reply 8
Surprised the link wasn't DM.

That's horrendous though :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by spongle
Surprised the link wasn't DM.

That's horrendous though :s-smilie:

I actually read it on the DM first but I thought I'd use another source for this thread.
Reply 10
Original post by Hopple
Age gaps in relationships, there's a reason there's a stigma in dating someone "old enough to be your father".

Article said he was15 when she was born...not normally old enough to be a dad in the states legally

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Who's your daddy.... Ummm. You?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
Original post by Rachle
Article said he was15 when she was born...not normally old enough to be a dad in the states legally

15 years is a reasonable age gap? I suppose it doesn't say how long they were married for, but 15 years is still a huge gap, you're pretty much guaranteeing yourself to be a widow for the last 20 years of your life as a woman.
Reply 13
There's not enough mouthwash in the world...
Reply 14
Original post by Hopple
15 years is a reasonable age gap? I suppose it doesn't say how long they were married for, but 15 years is still a huge gap, you're pretty much guaranteeing yourself to be a widow for the last 20 years of your life as a woman.

Reasonable for who, exactly? Surely people can make up their own minds on what is reasonable for themselves.
I'm in a relationship with a bigger age gap than that and know many others in similar relationships. The point you make about being widowed, though a large possibility, it's something people just accept and deal with.
Reply 15
Awkward..........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending