The Student Room Group

Pat speaks about the attacks on out embassies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXHPKhRCVg

*Pat speaks about the attack on our embassies.*

Although his wording is somewhat harsh, I do agree with him.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

God damn it, I thought it was going to be Nana Pat.

For the record, I don't agree with everything he says.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Imperial_Maniac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXHPKhRCVg

*Pat speaks about the attack on our embassies.*

Although his wording is somewhat harsh, I do agree with him.

You agree that "Islam is as welcome on this planet as an asteroid" and Islamic values are "indistinguishable from Nazism"?

Or are you just saying that you agree they are being idiots and are in the wrong? Because if that's all you're agreeing with, why on earth would that video be remotely relevant? You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the West who agrees with what they are doing - so the only thing that video adds is a string of insults towards Muslims as a whole.
Reply 3
Original post by callum9999
You agree that "Islam is as welcome on this planet as an asteroid" and Islamic values are "indistinguishable from Nazism"?

Or are you just saying that you agree they are being idiots and are in the wrong? Because if that's all you're agreeing with, why on earth would that video be remotely relevant? You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the West who agrees with what they are doing - so the only thing that video adds is a string of insults towards Muslims as a whole.

I think OP is trying to be 'edgy'.
Original post by ANARCHY__
I think OP is trying to be 'edgy'.

What does that mean?
Reply 5
Original post by Retrodiction
What does that mean?

Definition of 'edgy' from Urban Dictionary
Applied to books, music, or even haircuts which tend to challenge societal norms and reveal the dark side. Cutting edge.

Hope that helps. :biggrin:
Reply 6
He is right.

Islam is utterly ridiculous.

EDIT: If you're going to neg me reply
(edited 11 years ago)
Im muslim, and i believe in freedom of speech, but i also believe that there are etiquettes that should be followed to express both anger, and views/opinions.
Reply 8
Original post by Joeman560
He is right.

EDIT: If you're going to neg me reply you little bitches.

dumb statement is dumb.

lolololollolol oh the hypocrisy
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by MarshmallowBob
Im muslim, and i believe in freedom of speech, but i also believe that there are etiquettes that should be followed to express both anger, and views/opinions.

Which party in this whole thing do you think it more guilty of breaking those etiquettes?
There are many comments made all over the world and there are historical acts that have occured against Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews and even athiests ("burn in Hell, evil Godless heathens" etc) - and yet these particular rioting Muslims feel they have to behave like this.
Original post by Psyk
Which party in this whole thing do you think it more guilty of breaking those etiquettes?

Both are wrong

i saw the 14 min video, and it was very vulgar. To see some one you idolize, studied throughout your life, some one who we believe to be the pinnacle of character, be addressed like that strikes a very strong emotion, but so does seeing people misrepresenting his teachings.

thats my 2 cents.
(edited 10 years ago)
I couldn't help but agree with him in that video, the past week has severely lowered my opinion of Islam.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
I couldn't help but agree with him in that video, the past week has severely lowered my opinion of Islam.

What, the entire religion and every one of the 1 to 2 billion people who follow it? loloooololoolololool
What, the entire religion and every one of the 1 to 2 billion people who follow it? loloooololoolololool

They are doing what the Quran has told them to do. Surely any muslim who doesn't go around killing "infidels" isn't an actual muslim.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit

Have to agree with you and this Pat guy (who usually I have little time for).

When I have to keep reminding myself of the moderate cool Muslim people I know to try and ignore the legions of retards who as he says are all about taking and not giving, I wonder to why I should respect Islam's values when these people respect no-one else's.

Like Pat said, I understand how important the prophet is to Muslims and I also don't care to give up the importance I place is free speech for him.

THEY chose to respect him, not me, and I'm tired of intolerant over-reactions every time a western value is seen to clash with Islam.

The only thing more annoying is people who think the west should bend our knee to Islam's unrealistically over-sensitive sensibilities.
(edited 11 years ago)
They are doing what the Quran has told them to do. Surely any muslim who doesn't go around killing "infidels" isn't an actual muslim.

Well, I haven't read the Qu'ran. Have you?
He is right.

Ok I replied.

It's not about the individuals who follow it, it's about the ideology.

I love Muslims, but hate Islam, if that makes sense?

That is, I'm not going to be abusive to someone for being Muslim, but I will grind their ideology into the ground when discussing it with them, and I will make jokes about the prophet, in the same way makes jokes about every other belief/lifestyle choice that I see to be based on nothing more than faith. (Religion, homeopathy, etc etc)
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Have to agree with you and this Pat guy (who usually I have little time for).

When I have to keep reminding myself of the moderate cool Muslim people I know to try and ignore the legions of retards who as he says are all about taking and not giving, I wonder to why I should respect Islam's values when these people respect no-one else's.

Like Pat said, I understand how important the prophet is to Muslims and I also don't care to give up the importance I place is free speech for him.

THEY chose to respect him, not me, and I'm tired of intolerant over-reactions every time a western value is seen to clash with Islam.

The only thing more annoying is people who think the west should bend our knee to Islam's unrealistically over-sensitive sensibilities.

I bet your "cool" Muslim friends are over the moon that you compare them to Islamic fanatics who go on murdering rampages... Though something tells me you wouldn't actually tell them that to their face...

Do you also compare your Christian friends to the Westboro Baptist church? Or Jewish friends to the Jewish terrorists in Israel? EXACT same principle (yes there is a lot less of them than Muslim extremists, but that is how global development works - if the traditionally Christian/Muslim areas reversed, then right now we'd be seeing Christians doing the same - it is a product of poor development, and not something in the Quran that triggers these things. The bible is full of absolute rubbish, but "developed" Christians can overlook those).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending