The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2013 Applicant's Thread :p

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shorttstuff
I swear East Slope wasn't open/they weren't guiding anyone to east slope yesterday? :s-smilie:

I wasnt able to go yesterday, but this was exactly the case when i went to the summer open day, and apparently it was actually all open and people were still able to have a look around.

I really dont understand why they do this, i know that Sussex may want to hide any flaws but East Slope is huge, everyone knows their reputation and i for one dont really mind, i'd just like to have a look around :erm:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
I absolutely loved it too, definitely applying! The psychology talk was really good, I'm wondering about doing sociology with psychology...!
Original post by PopDaRouge
Same!!, but as cringe as it sounds, I knew I'd be back...:moon:

Which accommodation are you in and how has it been?

Also on the subject of accommodation, did anyone manage to see east slope yesterday?

There's a reason why no one see's East Slope... It's a absolute dump. Ironically, I've Just moved from East Slope to Northfield, East Slope has paper thin walls and next to no privacy, not to mention the *ahem* Junkie reputation it has and deserves rightly. But not all the people have been bad, most are lovely, they've weirdly refurnished half the east slope kitchens rooms however, but space is small and at times feels like a prison.

Northfield is lovely, massive rooms, massive kitchen :smile: but somewhat sterile? Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, but very quiet, No one is ever in the kitchen or in communal areas generally due to en-suites which gives a sad state of loneliness at times :frown:

Brighthelm is the place to me IMHO and someone just offered me to move there as there is a spare place as someone dropped out! Mind you, I've only been to Northfield for 3 days :tongue: But Brighthelm has free washing machines and tumble dryers!
Reply 23
I'm so gutted after visiting the open day on Saturday. I loved everything about it except the history course itself :frown:. The teacher was fantastic at selling the subject but I've always wanted to study medieval/early modern history as well which the university doesn't offer :frown:. i still might apply because i was so impressed with everything else, but i am literally so disappointed.

On a side note, the art history course looked amazing, so i might even apply for that instead.
Original post by hattiej
loved it at the open day yesterday! hoping to do american studies with history- anyone else abit terrified by the grade they are asking for?

I'm applying for that course too! but yeah, the entry requirements are a little daunting D:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Thinking of applying here for Computer Science as my... 5th choice, maybe? We'll see anyway; it is still early days to be making final decisions for me. Sussex seems like a very nice place to study.
I'm planning on applying for Psychology & American studies :smile:)
Reply 27
hope you having a gr8 time..i'm thinking of applying for Msc finance in sep 13,nybodys has applied fr this program? are there any jobs availble in Uk for finance professionals? I doubt.
Reply 28
Original post by ConnorB
Glad you guys enjoyed it here!

I'm doing Geography at Sussex so Quote me of you want any questions answering :smile:

What do you think of the geography course/the uni in general??
I'm considering doing physical geog there next year but am undecided between Sussex and Southampton!! :frown:( xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by mcdermie
What do you think of the geography course/the uni in general??
I'm considering doing physical geog there next year but am undecided between Sussex and Southampton!! :frown:( xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Uni is brill :smile: lectures who are properly into their stuff, course really makes you reconsider your views on sustainability and development.

My only gripe is that there is a lot of "easing in" but really that should be a plus because nothing is worse than being completely dumbfounded :smile:

Satisfaction rate for the course is high (93%?) and 85% of people get a 2:1 or higher! :biggrin:

I looked at Bristol and Exeter and I found Bristol to be incredibly bullish about it's prestige, also the satisfaction rate was woeful. Exeter is brilliant however and worth a look at too :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by gypsyclimber
I'm hoping to apply there to do English. I really liked the sound of it on the website, but I can't go to the open day tomorrow because I'm ill. I'm worried that perhaps I will miss some vital info about the course that would change my mind.

Anyone else applying to do English? Any thoughts?

I'm doing English at Sussex right now, and I totally recommend it. Feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know. :biggrin:
Original post by Perla Grade
I'm planning on applying for Psychology & American studies :smile:)

samee :biggrin: I love history and psychology so a combination of the two is what I was looking for in any uni but bonus at Sussex with the year abroad in USA!
Did you visit the open day?
Original post by amberee
samee :biggrin: I love history and psychology so a combination of the two is what I was looking for in any uni but bonus at Sussex with the year abroad in USA!
Did you visit the open day?

Sadly i wasn't able to, i'm not from UK :smile:
Sadly i wasn't able to, i'm not from UK :smile:

Ahh I see :tongue: it was really good! I loved it. Defo gonna be my first choice.
Where you from?
Reply 34
anybodys for MSc finance??howz there program??
Lithuania, look i'm interested then, what are you going to do with your personal statement, cause i didn't see psychology and american studies anywhere else but sussex.
(edited 11 years ago)
Lithuania, look i'm interested then, what are you going to do with your personal statement, couse i didn't see psychology and american studies anywhere else but sussex.

My friend is from there XD I based it mostly on psychology but mentioned my interest in history and outside reading. Yeah Sussex is the only one that do it in 4 years ;( Keele Uni does it but its Dual honours, not psychology as the major but they let you spend a term abroad as well
Yayy it's about time we had a thread for Sussex applicants! :biggrin: I'm applying English and I looove everything about Sussex- the course, the campus, everything aah! I went there for an open day earlier this year and just fell in love with it :smile:
Reply 38
Applying for Music Informatics BSc here! :smile: Missed out on the open day because of work :mad: but oh well going off the basis of what i've heard from others sussex sounds awesome!! sent off my UCAS yesterday, really hope i get an offer from them :s-smilie:
One thing I forgot to ask at the open day - is it possible to do a year abroad if you're taking straight English? I don't think Sussex is on Erasmus...? :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending