The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2013 Applicant's Thread :p

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Morgasm19
Ahh two people I know just got offers from Sussex- one for Geography and one for Politics and Economics, I'm so jealous! :P

THIS IS SO UNFAIR,I WANT AN OFFER.

ahem, now I have composed myself do you know when they sent their applications off? :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by chanelw
THIS IS SO UNFAIR,I WANT AN OFFER.

ahem, now I have composed myself do you know when they sent their applications off? :smile:

Meee toooo ;( Worst thing was I saw their 'I got a Sussex offer' facebook statuses and a second later got a new e-mail from UCAS so I checked hotmail expecting to see my Sussex offer so I could post the good news....but it was just that UCAS media e-mail telling me about applications in general what an anti-climax -_-. What subject are you applying for? :smile:

Urm I think they sent them off really early in October, like around October 5th ish? I sent mine off on October 8th and Sussex got it on the 11th but clearly I'm not good enough to warrant an early offer :frown: Just waiting to get rejected now...:P
(edited 11 years ago)
WELL DONE TO EVERYONE GETTING OFFERS :woo:

Now to finish off my application...
Reply 83
:gasp: they've started doling out offers?!

Well my school finally submitted mine today so hopefully I'll still be eligible for a November offer, fingers crossed!

Congrats to all offer holders though :h:
Sent my application off last week for Politics and Economics.....the wait begins;')
Sussex is my first choice and I REALLY WANT AN OFFER!:afraid:
Went to the open day and it was AMAZING! ;D im also applying to reading, loughborough and Glasgow :smile:
Reply 85
So jelous of people who got offers :biggrin:
I applied for Psychology Bsc and got an email that says they will make a decision by early November.
It is just 1st of November I don't know how much I can wait!'
Reply 86
Original post by lc11
How far is Sussex from the city centre of Brighton itself and the pier and all that? Have you been enjoying the nightlife? :smile:

Its about a 20-30 min bus ride depending on the time of day, 10-15 if you can drive.

The nightlife is amazing...
Reply 87
Original post by lc11
How far is Sussex from the city centre of Brighton itself and the pier and all that? Have you been enjoying the nightlife? :smile:

I know i'm not the person you asked but it's a few miles from Brighton. Buses come every 10 mins 24 hours a day, though less frequently at night (every half hour). It takes around 20-30 mins usually. You can also get the train which is faster but more expensive (unless you have a rail card). Nightlife is great but can get really busy if you go into town late, the same thing goes for buses- the later you go out the more people you have to push out of the way to try and squeeze onto the bus and not have to wait for the next one!

Also, to people worrying about not receiving offers yet, I sent my application out super early and got my offer around mid November (for Maths). Sussex was actually the first Uni I applied to that gave me an offer so relax guys, plenty of time.
Reply 88
Thanks, you too! :biggrin: Aww don't worry you can visit it later in the year :smile: But yes it was a lovely sunny day, the students I met were all really friendly, the library was amazinnng and there was lots of green spaces :smile: Oh cool, I'm going for Oxford (I just thought I may as well but it's not a proper choice :P), UCL, Warwick, Sussex and Exeter (Cornwall Campus) So far I've got an offer of AAB from Exeter and an interview at UCL, which is taking place next Tuesday, have you heard anything back from any of your choices yet? :smile: I really don't want a rejection this early :frown: Except maybe from Oxford, I wouldn't really mind as I'm expecting it completely :P

Oh wow, that sounds so good! Your choices look great, UCL was my dream university but I didn't end up applying to it - good luck with the interview, I'm sure you'll do well - and congrats on the Exeter offer! :biggrin: I'm sure Oxford would be lucky to have you! And I haven't had any yet - my teachers are supposed to be sending it off but I'm not sure if they have yet - not enjoying the suspense of waiting haha!
I got an offer for Law and Politics - AAA :smile:
Reply 90
Anybody still not got an acknowledgement email? I applied over a week ago and no word from them.. is this normal or shall I email them?or would that be too pushy? getting worried!
Reply 91
i've applied for International Development - anyone applied for that too?

still waiting for a reply, hope i get an offer this is defs my first choice. love it <3
Reply 92
Original post by twister1
Anybody still not got an acknowledgement email? I applied over a week ago and no word from them.. is this normal or shall I email them?or would that be too pushy? getting worried!

I haven't got mine yet either. Applied Thursday before the one just gone so a little over a week ago - I'm worrying too!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by EvSz
Oh wow, that sounds so good! Your choices look great, UCL was my dream university but I didn't end up applying to it - good luck with the interview, I'm sure you'll do well - and congrats on the Exeter offer! :biggrin: I'm sure Oxford would be lucky to have you! And I haven't had any yet - my teachers are supposed to be sending it off but I'm not sure if they have yet - not enjoying the suspense of waiting haha!

Aww thank you so much :biggrin: Ah okay, yeah the suspense in the first couple of weeks is unbearable! Good luck with your application I'm sure all your choices would be lucky to have you too! :biggrin: Hopefully we'll both get into Sussex :smile:
Reply 94
Meee toooo ;( Worst thing was I saw their 'I got a Sussex offer' facebook statuses and a second later got a new e-mail from UCAS so I checked hotmail expecting to see my Sussex offer so I could post the good news....but it was just that UCAS media e-mail telling me about applications in general what an anti-climax -_-. What subject are you applying for? :smile:

Urm I think they sent them off really early in October, like around October 5th ish? I sent mine off on October 8th and Sussex got it on the 11th but clearly I'm not good enough to warrant an early offer :frown: Just waiting to get rejected now...:P

I have also applied for media! I sent mine off on October the 15th :frown: I feel like i will get rejected and I will cry my eyes out.
Original post by chanelw
I have also applied for media! I sent mine off on October the 15th :frown: I feel like i will get rejected and I will cry my eyes out.

Oh no sorry I'm applying for English, my post wasn't clear :smile: But good luck with your application :biggrin: Me too I love Sussex ;( Where else are you applying? x
Haven't posted here before, but yesterday I got a conditional offer for Psychology with Neuroscience. I'm from the USA, so my offer is having a cumulative GPA of 3.3; translating that into your terms, that's like AAB-ABB ish. I sent my UCAS in 4th October at midnight (my birthday).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by WhimsyMelody
Haven't posted here before, but yesterday I got a conditional offer for Psychology with Neuroscience. I'm from the USA, so my offer is having a cumulative GPA of 3.3; translating that into your terms, that's like AAB-ABB ish. I sent my UCAS in 4th October at midnight (my birthday).

Well done! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by WhimsyMelody

Well done:biggrin: I applied for psychology Bsc in 13th of October but haven't got a reply yet. Fingers crossed. I am from Turkey but applied through American system (APs and SAT) because I go to an American College here.
Original post by lanadelrey
Well done:biggrin: I applied for psychology Bsc in 13th of October but haven't got a reply yet. Fingers crossed. I am from Turkey but applied through American system (APs and SAT) because I go to an American College here.

Well done! :biggrin:

Thanks you both =) And good luck with your own applications. I never did APs, but I go to a community college so it's like A Levels =P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending