The Student Room Group

Question about UCAS tariff points

I know this will seem like a very stupid/obvious question when you read it, but I just want to make sure I'm absolutely correct before sending my application off.

I am interested in applying for a course which requires 360 UCAS points. It also says that this is typically met by achieving AAA at A-level, but they are pleased to accept all qualifications included in the UCAS Tariff point system (eg. BTEC, Key Skills, AS Levels, etc)

So, if I was to get A (120), B (100), B (100) in my A2 exams, could I then add my AS grade of C (40) to that to make it up to 360 points? And if I did this, are the university more likely to offer a place to someone who is predicted AAA? Or does it not matter as long as I have got the correct amount of points?

I have emailed the university about this, but I was originally looking at the 2012 entry page where it did not make it clear that AS grades are accepted. Now I have found the correct 2013 page where it does mention that AS Levels are accepted.

Thanks.
Reply 1
So you're saying you did 3 full A levels, and one AS that you didn't take on to A2? You still get points for the AS. Just half as much.
ABBc would score you 360 points.

Just bear in mind that most unis now care about grades, not points. Not all of them though. Generally speaking, unis that accept tariff point entry basis, don't care where the points came from as long as they're UCAS recognised and are from relevant subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending