The Student Room Group

The John Lewis Thread

Scroll to see replies

I've got a John Lewis interview coming up, kinda scared o.o
Looking through TSR to see if I can find anything that could help and yep they should deffo have a main thread for john lewis
Original post by TheUnderCOVER
I've got a John Lewis interview coming up, kinda scared o.o
Looking through TSR to see if I can find anything that could help and yep they should deffo have a main thread for john lewis

The interview is fine, it's always a bit nerve-racking before an interview but once you are in there you will relax, plus they have icebreakers to make sure everyone is more comfortable.
Original post by Shockolate
The interview is fine, it's always a bit nerve-racking before an interview but once you are in there you will relax, plus they have icebreakers to make sure everyone is more comfortable.

Yep I understand but it's my first ever interview for a job soo the nerves are kinda building up...abit too much :smile: But hopefully I'll be fine
Reply 43
I've applied for another job, and the closing date was 2 days ago. Lots of people I've spoken to and read from here get invited to an interview a few days later, so does anyone know the latex they might invite you to an interview?
Original post by bobbin95
I've applied for another job, and the closing date was 2 days ago. Lots of people I've spoken to and read from here get invited to an interview a few days later, so does anyone know the latex they might invite you to an interview?

The closing date for my job was on a Saturday, I got the invitation on the Wednesday and you could pick either Monday or Tuesday for your assessment.
Reply 45
The closing date for my job was on a Saturday, I got the invitation on the Wednesday and you could pick either Monday or Tuesday for your assessment.

Ah, so I don't need to be going crazy just yet!
Ah, so I don't need to be going crazy just yet!

Definitely not :smile: Sometimes companies take a few weeks after closing date before contacting candidates, I think with John Lewis it says if you haven't been contacted in 14 days to assume you were unsuccessful. So if its only been a few days I wouldn't worry at all!
Reply 47
Definitely not :smile: Sometimes companies take a few weeks after closing date before contacting candidates, I think with John Lewis it says if you haven't been contacted in 14 days to assume you were unsuccessful. So if its only been a few days I wouldn't worry at all!

I know, but I've applied twice before and both times I was unsuccessful it was 10+ days after it closed, but a few of my friends who have been successful were told really soon after! Hopefully I'll be lucky this time round!
I was told like 2 weeks after I applied so you shouldn't be worrying yet

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 49
Hi guys,

I've been invited to an assessment day at John Lewis for the role of a Selling Assistant and was wondering how the process is and if you could give me some advice?

Basically I've been told that I have to create a 2 minute presentation on a gift that I'd give someone on a special occasion, things I have to consider are; Benefits of the item, Unique selling point and additional items to sell with the gift.

Now that's the brief but I'm stuck on what to pick as the gift (personally I am awful at buying presents) :frown: could you please give me an idea of what to pick?

Also, what else will be doing during the day since it's 2 hours 30 minutes long?

Thank you!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
how'd it go?! :biggrin:
Reply 51
We looked around the store and took notes on how the partners worked, how the presentation of the store was etc.

We also had to do this thing in a group with a presentation on the notes we took.
Reply 52
I'm currently trying to get a job at JL, do you have any advice for getting to the assessment stage?
I'd choose something you'd like to receive, but maybe a bit more personal. Draw from your own point of view
Reply 53
I'm currently trying to get a job at JL, do you have any advice for getting to the assessment stage?
I'd choose something you'd like to receive, but maybe a bit more personal. Draw from your own point of view

Thanks

Honestly I have no idea what I put to get through to the assessment, I just have work experience in Childrenswear retail so maybe that helped?
Reply 54
Hey guys,

So I was phoned up by John Lewis on Wednesday and told I was successful with my job application and that the induction day was on Monday. The lady said that I would be emailed and also receive a confirmation letter with info on it. However, I have received neither and the induction day is fast approaching. Was wondering what I can do? Should I still go along anyway even without the info?
Original post by navarre
Hey guys,

So I was phoned up by John Lewis on Wednesday and told I was successful with my job application and that the induction day was on Monday. The lady said that I would be emailed and also receive a confirmation letter with info on it. However, I have received neither and the induction day is fast approaching. Was wondering what I can do? Should I still go along anyway even without the info?

If I were you, i'd wait till tomorrow's post comes. If it's still not come, then phone then up and tell them that you haven't received anything. It's highly unlikely that they will do much on a sunday, so speaking to them on Saturday is your best bet.

If not, pop to the store and ask them
Reply 56
Original post by Runninground
If I were you, i'd wait till tomorrow's post comes. If it's still not come, then phone then up and tell them that you haven't received anything. It's highly unlikely that they will do much on a sunday, so speaking to them on Saturday is your best bet.

If not, pop to the store and ask them

Thanks, I am relying on tomorrow's post. I just have no idea what this number is so I couldn't ring them up if nothing came.
Original post by navarre
Thanks, I am relying on tomorrow's post. I just have no idea what this number is so I couldn't ring them up if nothing came.

Is there no store contact number, even if just a customer one? Just call that and they should be able to put you through to someone.
If you still don't receive any info then just turn up in smart clothes and bring your bank account details.
Reply 58
Is there no store contact number, even if just a customer one? Just call that and they should be able to put you through to someone.
If you still don't receive any info then just turn up in smart clothes and bring your bank account details.

Well, it is the Oxford Street branch, so I know that there is a number. However, I can't remember the name of the lady I was speaking to.

Thanks for the advice, I will turn up in smart clothes anyway, it just seems weird that I haven't heard anything.
Reply 59
Bumpity bump.

Quick Reply