The Student Room Group

Mother finds out over facebook daughter died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-19662314

When I read the title I was shocked. Then I read she was informed 3 hours 21 minutes after her daughter died - and from the way the article phrases this this is from the time she actually died. Not even from when the police/coroner got to the scene.

There surely are procedures to follow before you inform someone - imagine telling someone their kid is dead and it is the wrong kid. And it takes time once certain death and identity is established to find next of kin, regardless how close she lives. With facebook it takes 10 seconds just to post something.

I cannot comprehend how this woman must feel since I have no children, but I feel she is taking out her grief at the wrong people. The person who posted this for example, surely he/she knew about the mother, or could have picked up her/his friends phone to phone "mum" or "home".

What do you guys think?
Reply 1
How did the people on facebook find out before?
It is very poor, I'm not sure how police procedure works though but obviously they would need to have determined what happened and informed the next of kin immediately.
As my parents do not have facebook and I dont have my siblings as friends I am ****ed.
Reply 4
Original post by tehforum
How did the people on facebook find out before?

This is what I am wondering. I hope this isn't an indication of foul play.

Quick Reply

Latest