The Student Room Group

What makes you want to spend 3 years or more studying your chosen subject?

Scroll to see replies

For me, it was a combination of my love of learning and my subject in general, and because I want to be a secondary school teacher. :smile: I come from a fairly academic background/family, so I guess I always thought I'd go to university, and have wanted to study History since I was about 13. Other than the few months in year 13 where I was tempted to do Biology instead... :tongue: University's rekindled and further fuelled my love of the subject though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Because I'd happily study/practice Law for the rest of my life. :redface:
I love my subject and find it really interesting and would be more than happy to spend an extra 3 years learning law and hopefully practicing Law.
Reply 23
Really interested in the subject and want to work in 3D Character Design or Animation in future, so studying my degree will come in handy for that :wink:
Reply 24
I am taking physics at university because I am barking mad...
Reply 25
Original post by riotgrrl
Put your strongest subject to one side for a second, what you most interested in?

Original post by pheonix65
As its 3 years of your life i would chose a course with your heart not with ur head (preliminary speaking of-course)

Original post by Politics Student
Best to choose based upon interest.

For example I did my BA in Politics and International Relations which I loved. Just finishing my MSc in International political economy (research)

Best to choose a subject you are interested in otherwise three years is a long time even if you are good at the subject at A level you can enter a degree you don't enjoy and fail. Essentially, you need to be interested to motivate yourself to work hard and do the wider range of reading.

Original post by kathhh8
But if its with ur head then it will get u a job,
if its with ur heart u'll enjoy it more but get no job!

..well this is the case for me anyway :/

Thank you for the replies.

I am most interested in music, but believe deep down that I will never be any good at it.

ATM: I am looking to do a degree in maths with computer science, i really like maths and computers so.
and yeah if I do maths, i wanna be a maths teacher but mainly I suppose cause this country really needs em and theres jobs, what job could I get in music?
Reply 26
Original post by LaurenPhilippa
Because I'd happily study/practice Law for the rest of my life. :redface:

kool thats a great attitude to have towards your subject :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by samjj8
I am taking physics at university because I am barking mad...

haha go you professor :wink:
Reply 28
nursing:

-rewarding
-demanding
-challenging
-helping others
-mould me into a better person with different experiences i have in jobs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending