The Student Room Group

Financial services officer. scam?

I recieved this email;

Good morning (((dele

Our Company specializes in IT, Legal & Accounting, we are pleased to extend the following vacancy.

Job title: FSO, department: Payment and Finance division.
Job Description:
- Work schedule: Mon - Fri, from 9 AM - 2 PM.

This offer is contingent upon your passing our mandatory background check, which will be scheduled on date you create a Task Manager account, to determine your ability to perform the essential requirements of the Financial Services Officer position.

The position is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
Compensation: Will be paid in monthly installments of 1,500 GBP, subject to deductions for taxes and withholdings as required by law and the company policies.
8 % Commission.
Benefits:
- Formal training via our personal supervisor training program
- Management growth opportunities
- Health care and retirement plan
- Solid technology support
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick leave

Non-Compete Agreement: non-compete agreement must be signed prior to start.
Terminating the employment: employment is at-will basis. Both parties can terminate the relationship with a notice of 2 weeks at any time.

If you are in agreement with the above outline, please let me know. This offer is in effect for five business days.
Contact us at (deleted email) I'm sorry, due to spam problem we have to use a gmail address, company e-mail address will be given to you after reply.

Regards,

HR Manager,
(deleted name)

I replied to the email, and got this back;

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and interest, first of all, I'm sorry for using Gmail address,

however, we are required to use Gmail every time we are contacting new people, due to SPAM

problem we had recently. In this e-mail I have summarized some of the basic information about

the current vacancy. Once you've had the chance to review the information, please contact me

directly so that I may offer any additional insights and direct information on applying.

Just so you understand the basics, this is not a sales position or a telemarketing scheme.

This is a work-from-home job offer. Monthly base salary is guaranteed, while additional

income through commission is paid out on a task-to-task basis!

Here is more information about the job position with InTech IT Solutions Limited.

Our company creates a positive outlook and prosperity of businesses and individuals across

the world. Managing Information Technology Outsourcing lands a great possibility for growth

and development.

The position being offered is for Financial Services Officer.

Job requirements:
- Minimum 18 y.o.;
- constant internet access;
- home or mobile phone number;
- regular bank account (checking/savings) or a Verified Premier or Business PayPal account.

Employment benefits (upon completion of 30 days trial period):
- Paid holidays;
- Dental and Health;
- Professional development programs

Refer to the links below for additional information:

link removed by moderator

Frequently Asked Question:

Key points:
- No investment of funds on your part;
- Not a sales position, base pay along with commission is guaranteed;

For further information and inquiries you may contact us at link removed by moderator

Limited Time Offer with a Sign On Bonus! Please follow the link:

THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone number listed

below, also if you are ready to apply, let me know, so we can get started with registration

process. Sign up here link removed by moderator

Thank you for your time and interest with our company.

Best Regards,

I've had a look online , and some websites say its a scam, and some say its legit
Two hours a week, for five days working from home, and recieving 1500 a month does sound too good to be true.
Anyone had any experience or knowledge on this?
Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Little_missy01
Two hours a week, for five days working from home, and recieving 1500 a month does sound too good to be true

I've never heard of an employer sounding so desperate for casual employees, requesting no real requirements and offering 'limited time offers'. Remember it's the job-seeker that does the job searching, only high-value individuals get job hunters. If you don't think your worth it then why do you think that an employer will, unless of course there is no real employer.

If it was unsolicited that I'm sure it is a scam.
Reply 2
A company which doesn't have the means to get anti-spam technology? Seems legit :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by Little_missy01
I recieved this email;
Good morning (((dele

Our Company specializes in IT, Legal & Accounting, we are pleased to extend the following vacancy.

Job title: FSO, department: Payment and Finance division.
Job Description:
- Work schedule: Mon - Fri, from 9 AM - 2 PM.

This offer is contingent upon your passing our mandatory background check, which will be scheduled on date you create a Task Manager account, to determine your ability to perform the essential requirements of the Financial Services Officer position.

The position is subjected to the following terms and conditions:
Compensation: Will be paid in monthly installments of 1,500 GBP, subject to deductions for taxes and withholdings as required by law and the company policies.
8 % Commission.
Benefits:
- Formal training via our personal supervisor training program
- Management growth opportunities
- Health care and retirement plan
- Solid technology support
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick leave

Non-Compete Agreement: non-compete agreement must be signed prior to start.
Terminating the employment: employment is at-will basis. Both parties can terminate the relationship with a notice of 2 weeks at any time.

If you are in agreement with the above outline, please let me know. This offer is in effect for five business days.
Contact us at (deleted email) I'm sorry, due to spam problem we have to use a gmail address, company e-mail address will be given to you after reply.

Regards,

HR Manager,
(deleted name)

I replied to the email, and got this back;

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and interest, first of all, I'm sorry for using Gmail address,

however, we are required to use Gmail every time we are contacting new people, due to SPAM

problem we had recently. In this e-mail I have summarized some of the basic information about

the current vacancy. Once you've had the chance to review the information, please contact me

directly so that I may offer any additional insights and direct information on applying.

Just so you understand the basics, this is not a sales position or a telemarketing scheme.

This is a work-from-home job offer. Monthly base salary is guaranteed, while additional

income through commission is paid out on a task-to-task basis!

Here is more information about the job position with InTech IT Solutions Limited.

Our company creates a positive outlook and prosperity of businesses and individuals across

the world. Managing Information Technology Outsourcing lands a great possibility for growth

and development.

The position being offered is for Financial Services Officer.

Job requirements:
- Minimum 18 y.o.;
- constant internet access;
- home or mobile phone number;
- regular bank account (checking/savings) or a Verified Premier or Business PayPal account.

Employment benefits (upon completion of 30 days trial period):
- Paid holidays;
- Dental and Health;
- Professional development programs

Refer to the links below for additional information:

http://www.intech-itsolltd.com/job/finance2?lang=uk

Frequently Asked Question:

http://www.intech-itsolltd.com/job/finance/faq

Key points:
- No investment of funds on your part;
- Not a sales position, base pay along with commission is guaranteed;

For further information and inquiries you may contact us at [email protected]

Limited Time Offer with a Sign On Bonus! Please follow the link:

http://www.intech-itsolltd.com/job/finance-bonus?lang=uk

THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone number listed

below, also if you are ready to apply, let me know, so we can get started with registration

process. Sign up here http://www.intech-itsolltd.com/registration/1

Thank you for your time and interest with our company.

Best Regards,

I've had a look online , and some websites say its a scam, and some say its legit
Two hours a week, for five days working from home, and recieving 1500 a month does sound too good to be true.
Anyone had any experience or knowledge on this?
Thanks

Just checked up the website it was created on 2012-09-13.......wouldn't trust it
How many legit companies just email people out of the blue and offer them a job? Stay awaaaay!
Reply 5
Very clearly fake. They want your account details.
Haha ahh man, its just I've applied to so many I thought it wouldn't be. Oh well,hopefully something will turn up soon

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
My bf has had the same e-mail, does sound like a scam- just wondered what websites etc that u found which said it was/wasn't legit?
Original post by MazzaCaz
My bf has had the same e-mail, does sound like a scam- just wondered what websites etc that u found which said it was/wasn't legit?

Think about it, why would a reputable company send out random emails to people offering them jobs they haven't applied for, and not even list any real requirements! I'm guessing these are all going to hotmail accounts? Notorious for spam.
Reply 9
Please run for your dear life, sadly I fell a victim they will steal money from someone's acct and transfer to ur acct and ask u towithdrawthe money and transfer to them via western union. They did that to me and the bank discovered it was a fraudulent transfer and blocked the acct. they are heartless people. pls avoid them
Reply 10
It's a Scam I was a victim please avoid them
Reply 11
Original post by warn this
It's a Scam I was a victim please avoid them

You were a victim? As in you actually replied to that rubbish in the OP? :facepalm2:

Latest

Trending

Trending