The Student Room Group

Only just applied for student loan!!!!!!

Hi all.

I was offered a uni place through clearing yesterday and as a result I have only just applied for my student loan today. How long will I roughly be waiting for it to go through do you think? Is there a big back log? If I dont receive my loan in time to pay the first lot of fees, can my payment of fees be delayed if I explain my circumstances and can evidence I have applied to student finance.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
Reply 1
It might not be until october, but if you ring up the finance office at your uni they will probably be quite understanding.
It will take a while, remember they are now actually giving many people their loans currently because they now have the backlog of confirmed students at Universities.

But you will no doubt get it hopefully in less than 6 weeks
Reply 3
Sorry this isn't an actual answer to your question but I'm in the same position and would like to know this too! I'm just wondering if your 'Application status' has changed from "Your application is currently being processed" (on the SF website) to something else? Mine hasn't and not sure if this is normal.

Also, despite filling in all of the dates correctly, mine is showing as being an application for "academic year 2011 - 2012". Obviously it's not, it's for 12-13. :s-smilie:

Original post by deaks
Hi all.

I was offered a uni place through clearing yesterday and as a result I have only just applied for my student loan today. How long will I roughly be waiting for it to go through do you think? Is there a big back log? If I dont receive my loan in time to pay the first lot of fees, can my payment of fees be delayed if I explain my circumstances and can evidence I have applied to student finance.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending