The Student Room Group

Massive spider in the bath!

Okay so its 3am I was just about to go to sleep but I needed to empty my bladder before bed.

I walk into the bathroom and there's a MASSIVE spider in the bath. I would normally call my mum or brother to deal with it but they're all asleep.

I breifly thought about getting the shower head and drowning it but I just can't do it. I'm not even sure it will fit down the drain. :confused:

I have a really big fear of spiders and i can't deal with getting rid of them in any way.

What should I do!

Is it also true that spiders cant climb out of baths as I was just considering leaving it there until the morning?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you don't get rid of it it will eat you when you go to sleep. Or it will turn you into Spider-man depending on which spider it is.
I am also terrified of spiders, I would either get the shower head and blast it down the drain or if you could put your hand in the tub, stick the plug in and start filling the bath and keep poking the spider underwater until its all curled up and dead.

I sound like a cruel bitch but I absolutely hate spiders, if I see a spider, IT WILL DIE!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Also, did you take a pic of it? You posted this 22 mins ago now so I'm assuming you've dealt with it already. But I want to see if it's as big as you're making out!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
leave it in there. close the door. then walk away v v quickly. get back into your room. close your door. put a towel along the base of the door. dive/hide under the duvet and wait for the cavalry/morning.

at this point i'd like to mention 2 things.

firstly, we have a spider as big as a house (no, i do not exaggerate, honest :colondollar:) in our bath. he appears every nite. and is gone by day. this leads me to believe that yes, your spiddie is capable of climbing out. *make sure that bathroom door is closed real tight!*

secondly, altho u may well be safe from monster spiders getting into your room once u put the towel along the base of your door. do ensure u are not trapping yourself inside with monster spider's rellies. check every damned crevice! i nearly had heart failure and fell outta bed when i was reading in bed and realised my legs n feet were being tickled by a spiddie in bed with me few days back!:unimpressed:

lastly. hope u manage to get some sleep.
:tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
spiders can't get out of the bath

go to bed
Reply 6
Original post by bestofyou
spiders can't get out of the bath

go to bed

i beg to differ!

u not seen em with their rope and grappling hooks?
Reply 7
Had something similar a couple of months ago. The Mrs found a very large spider and told me she'd put a Glass over it and was going to deal with it in the Morning. Knowing she was on leave she probably wouldn't have been a hurry to get up in the morning and would have probably forgotten the poor thing.

However her friend who had been saying for a couple of weeks had really embarraseed me a few days earlier. I had to go to a conference and my laptop was going to be used to demonstrate a test web application on one of the company servers (I work in IT). Now unbeknown to me, Her friend had thought it would be brilliantly funny to set the homepage for every browser on my laptop to meatspin (enough said there)

What neither my partner nor her friend didn't realise is that the conference was only down the road from where we were living at the time. So it wasn't going to be used until the conference to about 60 people just after lunch... Well the Senior Mangement Team Leader opened the web browser. What hindered me further at this point is that being a Level 3 IT Tech, I had completely unrestricted web access. So all I remember was hearing that awful music start playing and on a massive projector in front of 59 people the sight of... well... you know...

So I decided to remove the spider from our bathroom and temporarily relocate him to the spare bedroom where her friend was staying. After finding him a large lasagne glass dish, I sneaked into her bedroom just as she was finishing in the bathroom. Pulled the duvet back, placed spider (large) into her bed and the lasagne tray over the top and replaced the duvet.

Quite honestly, I don't quite know how I lived to tell the tail...............!
dont kill it, be brave and pick it up

it eats flies and other annoying insects
Reply 9
It's okay now I'm not sure why I made a thread about it :/ was probably too tired to think straight.

It's also true that spiders can't climb our off baths as I ended up leaving it in there and my brother took it outside earlier so it didn't die (in case any spider lovers were worried).

Thank you everyone :smile:
Reply 10
Furniture polish works...kills them and gives them a nice spray tan
put it in a curry
Reply 12
I would have just poured as many chemicals etc as I could onto it. I'm terrified of them anywhere else but it's fair game if they're in the bath!
Original post by Saliency
but I needed to empty my bladder before bed.

Wow, you really managed to find the most technical and least discrete term for something rather trivial there... gross.
Reply 14
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Wow, you really managed to find the most technical and least discrete term for something rather trivial there... gross.

Haha sorry about that, yes i needed a wee.
Give it a big cuddle and make friends with it.
Reply 16
This is what we did at uni when we found a huge one :tongue:
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0311.jpg

We didn't want to hurt it, but we didn't want it to eat our faces off whilst we slept either :colondollar:
Reply 17
There will be massive spiders all over the house, I saw one the other day run out from under my sofa whilst I was watching TV.

It's more then likely they crawl on you when you sleep.:wink:
Leave the thing alone. It'll crawl back down the drain and continue with its life, it doesn't need you blasting its brains out with hair spray or something.
Original post by CB91
Leave the thing alone. It'll crawl back down the drain and continue with its life, it doesn't need you blasting its brains out with hair spray or something.

if it crawls into the drain it will certainly die. You torturer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending