The Student Room Group

I say something small he doesn't like and he ignores me for hours.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
all the people on TSR are completely ignoring the OP. She loves him, she wanted advice about an issue in her relationship. Honestly, if half the posts on TSR are to be believed we would dump someone the moment they sneezed.

OP, in all honesty, he probably doesn't see it as such a big deal. He is a young guy, it's hard to mature quickly and do everything right. I'm sure this is just one small issue in your relationship.

Every relationship issue is either about compromise or ending the relationship. If you don't feel it's cause to end it, then you have to find compromise between you. Try giving some room on your side, otherwise he'll resist subconsciously.

E.g. Ask him to care/text a bit more with the promise that if he does you'll be a lot more relaxed about it, or that you'll try to do something he wants.

Thank you for your positive comment! I shall try that. Thanks :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 61
Original post by Sexy!egs
He isnt a child. And he does compromise a lot!

Right well obviously you didn't come here asking for advice else you wouldn't be replying to everyone telling them they are wrong. You're both as feeble minded as each other it seems.
Original post by Trigger
Right well obviously you didn't come here asking for advice else you wouldn't be replying to everyone telling them they are wrong. You're both as feeble minded as each other it seems.

A bit uncalled for frankly. She asked for advice on an issue, and everyone tells her to dump someone? End a relationship 'Because Internet told me so?'

Its like if I came and posted ' What's the best chocolate ' and everyone posted 'You shouldn't eat chocolate it's bad for you', it's not really relevant.

No need to insult a woman asking for help, a bit low.
Reply 63
A bit uncalled for frankly. She asked for advice on an issue, and everyone tells her to dump someone? End a relationship 'Because Internet told me so?'

Its like if I came and posted ' What's the best chocolate ' and everyone posted 'You shouldn't eat chocolate it's bad for you', it's not really relevant.

No need to insult a woman asking for help, a bit low.

She asked for advice then complained that we weren't giving her the right advice. I really don't care if tey stick together or not but don't waste peoples time.
I was after other people who have experienced this and how to deal with it.

I experienced this. I tried speaking to him about it. It didn't change. We broke up.
Reply 65
Wow you sound incredibly pathetic. The only reason you haven't separated is because you are afraid you won't find someone else, so you want to stick to him, even though he is clearly treating you like dirt.

What a perfect example of the sunk cost fallacy.
There aren't better out there! I love him! He's my boyfriend and has been for many years. We have something special together.

You know what, I have the same feeling about one such girl as well. I went to a nightclub last night and has practically all the women eyeing me up since I was in a hired pirate outfit yet I really didn't care. The 'essex' girls tried flirting incessently but it wasn't gonna happen. Because in my mind I know she's so different from most of the others.
Original post by cyfer
Wow you sound incredibly pathetic. The only reason you haven't separated is because you are afraid you won't find someone else, so you want to stick to him, even though he is clearly treating you like dirt.

Is it really worth splitting a couple up by you being nasty?

You know nothing about her relationship, she asks for advice on a simple issue. Anyone who has actually been in a long term relationship knows how many little things like this crop up.

Go be a dick somewhere else.
Reply 68
Original post by cyfer

How narrow minded do you have to be to think that's why I'm with him? I really don't need to justify my relationship to you!

Reply 69
WTF? He has been in a relationship for three years, I think he's ready for one.

He's acting like a little bitch you silly girl.
Op, you may want to request this thread closed. TSR is not a good place for relationship discussions, people get really nasty and cruel when they're hidden. Plus most of them seem to be forever alone single people who are taking out their pent up anger on you.
I love him though. He's the only guy I've ever been with. I don't want to leave him for such a small reason. I just want him to stop it. I couldn't leave him, I don't have the strength to. He knows that.

It isnt a small reason at all-he is manipulating you and being passive aggressive; I doubt you will be able to change him to be honest x
(edited 11 years ago)
I have a friend who is like this. I don't know what your relationship is like and you seem to love him so I can't advise you on whether you should leave the relationship or not. If it was ME in this situation I would tell him to grow up and stop being sulky or else I will leave the relationship. It all depends on you and how you feel.

Your bf is someone you can be comfortable around and be YOURSELF around. You cannot even be yourself around him or there is a risk he might get into a sulk!

Think about this hun x
Reply 73
Op, you may want to request this thread closed. TSR is not a good place for relationship discussions, people get really nasty and cruel when they're hidden. Plus most of them seem to be forever alone single people who are taking out their pent up anger on you.
I am in a long term relationship with a man that has the maturity to tell me why he is angry rather than give me the silent treatment even though he knows it hurts and upsets me. If the OP wants to depend on the attention of a manipulative man child, so be it.
Leave him, you'll find someone else. I was with my first BF for 3 years and in the end I just couldn't take it anymore. I found a guy who actually respects me for who I am and won't nitpick at stupid thins - and you'll be able to do the same, I'm sure of it :smile:
If he can't handle your opinions then he shouldn't really be dating you. People always have differing opinions and as long as those opinions don't harm anyone, I don't see any reason to mistreat anyone because of them.

I'm sorry to tell you that OP but if the only way for your relationship to work is if you feel you can personally hide your opinions very well from your boyfriend, because otherwise you're very incompatible.
Reply 76
To just key everyone know. I don't hide my opinions or stop myself from saying things. I say them. He gets mad. He cools down and then we talk about them. We have no communication issues, it's just when he's mad that it gets stupid. I love him okay.

Dump the a**hole.
Reply 78
Yeah he does it a lot and I doubt he will stop now. I can't just leave him though, I've been with him for years. I find it so hard to ignore him back. :/

He probably things you are clingy tbh. And the more you communicate back the more he ignores. Just an idea.

Confront him about it and if he doesn't stop then dump him. This sounds very unhealthy. Plus you deserve to be treated better.
Reply 79
Original post by forgetyounot
Dump the a**hole.

He is not an arse hole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending