The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM1 ~ 10th January 2013 ~ AS Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goldenkuri
Ohhhh okay :biggrin: thanks for your help <3 and goodluck for your exam in jan :biggrin:

No problem :biggrin:
And thanks :biggrin:, and to you too, hope it all goes well! How are you finding it so far?
Reply 41
Original post by mynameisntbobk
No problem :biggrin:
And thanks :biggrin:, and to you too, hope it all goes well! How are you finding it so far?

Thank you <3

And I'm liking it so far, quite a bit I learnt at GCSE :3 But the new concepts like the bond angles I find quite confusing haha ^_^ wbu? And what other subjects did u pick?
Wow, can't believe there is a thread for this exam already! Seems so far away!
It's my first AS exam, so I am quite worried. But I got a tutor (advise from many people saying the A level was very hard!) and I did well last year in my GCSE Chemistry (A*), so *fingers crossed* for a good result...
I really need A's, but I think i'll struggle more to achieve this in Biology as I find that much, much harder! Anyone agree?
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Thank you <3

And I'm liking it so far, quite a bit I learnt at GCSE :3 But the new concepts like the bond angles I find quite confusing haha ^_^ wbu? And what other subjects did u pick?

That's true, but that's like the next part I'm covering, so hopefully, I may get it.
I also do biology, maths and psychology. Yourself?
Original post by SophieLisa96
Wow, can't believe there is a thread for this exam already! Seems so far away!
It's my first AS exam, so I am quite worried. But I got a tutor (advise from many people saying the A level was very hard!) and I did well last year in my GCSE Chemistry (A*), so *fingers crossed* for a good result...
I really need A's, but I think i'll struggle more to achieve this in Biology as I find that much, much harder! Anyone agree?
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

It does, doesn't it.
Nobodys given me that advise :s-smilie:
I'm sure you'll do good, you've obviously got that chemistry ability.
And same, although my first is biology /: and I can't explain properly to save my life
Reply 44
That's true, but that's like the next part I'm covering, so hopefully, I may get it.
I also do biology, maths and psychology. Yourself?

OMG! EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME! ;O snap :wink:

OMG! EXACTLY THE SAME AS ME! ;O snap :wink:

Seriously :eek: another hopeful medic?
Reply 46
Seriously :eek: another hopeful medic?

Hehe yes! :biggrin: and its so awesome that we're doing the same subjects haha what a coincidence.

How much revision are you doing currently? ^_^ & have you got work experience sorted? x
Hehe yes! :biggrin: and its so awesome that we're doing the same subjects haha what a coincidence.

How much revision are you doing currently? ^_^ & have you got work experience sorted? x

It really is :smile:

And I've started typing up my chemistry, biology and psychology notes. I haven't as of yet started my hardcore revision. Have you?

And I've got volunteering, but I'm still organising more work experience though. You?
Reply 48
It really is :smile:

And I've started typing up my chemistry, biology and psychology notes. I haven't as of yet started my hardcore revision. Have you?

And I've got volunteering, but I'm still organising more work experience though. You?

Haha! (: We can support each other since we're both doing and aiming for medicine yay :biggrin:

I've written my notes :3 But na, haven't started hardcore revision yet :biggrin:

I've done a bit of work experience at a dentist for about 2 weeks, and done a bit of voluntary (: I'm trying to organise some work experience at a hospital :biggrin: haha we're both on the same page<3
Haha! (: We can support each other since we're both doing and aiming for medicine yay :biggrin:

I've written my notes :3 But na, haven't started hardcore revision yet :biggrin:

I've done a bit of work experience at a dentist for about 2 weeks, and done a bit of voluntary (: I'm trying to organise some work experience at a hospital :biggrin: haha we're both on the same page<3

We can, and we will :biggrin:

I think I'll probably start next week because I need at least AAAB in my AS'

I've actually got GP work experience, but I'm currently finding hospital w/e as well
Reply 50
We can, and we will :biggrin:

I think I'll probably start next week because I need at least AAAB in my AS'

I've actually got GP work experience, but I'm currently finding hospital w/e as well

Yaaaay <3 hahaha! you're someone im defo keeping contact with :]

yeah that sounds like a good idea :biggrin:!

awh that's good (: I tried getting it at a gp but no luck :frown:
Yaaaay <3 hahaha! you're someone im defo keeping contact with :]

yeah that sounds like a good idea :biggrin:!

awh that's good (: I tried getting it at a gp but no luck :frown:

Same you know. I'll need all the help I can get :wink:

Yupp :yep:

My mums in the medical profession (NHS) so it wasn't too hard for me to get a place.. compared to other people, but it still was difficult
Reply 52
Same you know. I'll need all the help I can get :wink:

Yupp :yep:

My mums in the medical profession (NHS) so it wasn't too hard for me to get a place.. compared to other people, but it still was difficult

Hahaha yes same(:

Ahwwww lucky you (:! Anyways, it was very nice meeting you <3 talk to you later, i'm off xxx
Which do you guys is the hardest topic to master?
For me it's probably amount of substance when doing all the calculations

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by khalidpatel
Which do you guys is the hardest topic to master?
For me it's probably amount of substance when doing all the calculations

definitely the amount of substance topic! That section needs a lot of practice.

Sigh, i wish i was sitting the exam in january :frown: i have both unit 1 and 2 in june..
Anyone else confused about polarisation? The chapter 'bonding and periodicity' was going so well, until polarisation came up...it's just really confusing me :frown:
Whose entered for jan exam here??

Whose entered for jan exam here??

I am. And I'm currently bricking it.

That feeling, that doesn't go away, just did. And I walked, a thousand miles, to prove it. And I'm caught, in the crossfire of, my own thoughts. The colour of, my blood is all I see on the rocks; as you sail from me.
I am. And I'm currently bricking it.

That feeling, that doesn't go away, just did. And I walked, a thousand miles, to prove it. And I'm caught, in the crossfire of, my own thoughts. The colour of, my blood is all I see on the rocks; as you sail from me.

You started doing past papers?

You started doing past papers?

Not for chemistry.
Have you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending