The Student Room Group

Business and Management applicants for 2013

Hey,

So where is everyone thinking of applying?

Personally I'm considering,

Exeter - AAA/AAB
Loughborough - AAA/AAB
Surrey - AAB
Southampton - AAB
Kent - BBB (Back-up)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What were your AS grades?
I got ABB, im retaking 2, and hoping to get A's in both!
I'm thinking about applying to

Warwick, A*AA
City AAA
Kings AAA
Royal Holloway AAB/ABB

and im not too sure about my last option!
Reply 2
I got AAAB at AS and 5 As 6Bs and a C at GCSE. Do you think my Uni choices are too ambitious?
Reply 3
Original post by Eddiem
Hey,

So where is everyone thinking of applying?

Personally I'm considering,

Exeter - AAA/AAB
Loughborough - AAA/AAB
Surrey - AAB
Southampton - AAB
Kent - BBB (Back-up)

Hey,

I am applying to:

LSE - AAB Management
KCL - AAA Business Management Studies
City University - AAA Business Studies
City University - AAA Management Studies
Westminster University -BBC Business Management.

Anyway, I was looking for a suggestion. As you can see, I am only looking to universities in London. Actually, I am not sure about the 5th choice, the Westminster. I want to choose a second-level uni in case of unsuccessful application to the other uni. Do you think Westminster is a good one? Or are you able to suggest me a different one?

Let me know asap :smile:
Reply 4
I'm also applying for Business Management. I got AABB at AS in Maths, Economics & Business, Chemistry and Physics (which I have dropped). I think my predicted grades will be AAA, hoping for A*AA. I'm looking at applying to:
King's - AAAb
LSE - AAB
City - AAA
Birmingham - AAB (or warwick)
Kent - BBB (i might change this)
Or Statistics and Management for Business at UCL - A*(Maths)AAe

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
hey natty,
what do you think about my 5th choice, Westminster uni (back-up)? I am not sure about the second-level univ where to apply in case of unsaccessful first-level uni such as LSE and City. What do you think?

Reply 6
Original post by mat5
hey natty,
what do you think about my 5th choice, Westminster uni (back-up)? I am not sure about the second-level univ where to apply in case of unsaccessful first-level uni such as LSE and City. What do you think?

I think westminster is a good choice as a back up, if you were considering outside of London then Kent is a good choice as well.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm applying to LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol (2 courses)

Predicted AAA, should get it with graft this year - probably going to defer entry till 2014 due to a gap year though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
heyy, im applying to:
Exeter-AAA/AAB
Loughborough-AAB/AAA
UCL- AAB
Manchester-AAB
Liverpool ABB
Predicted grades: AAB
Reply 9
Original post by nnekaoke
heyy, im applying to:
Exeter-AAA/AAB
Loughborough-AAB/AAA
UCL- AAB
Manchester-AAB
Liverpool ABB
Predicted grades: AAB

Which course at UCL?
Reply 10
Information management for business, looks pretty good
Reply 11
Information management for business, looks pretty good

Ah, me too :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Part A
Ah, me too :biggrin:

yeahh :smile: are you thining of applying for it?
Reply 13
yeahh :smile: are you thining of applying for it?

Yep but most likely deferring for 2014 entry if I get a place on one of the gap year schemes I've applied for. Put down the BSc IMB on my UCAS, I think MSci is just an extra year studying abroad or some harder master-levels modules? Have you looked around UCL? :smile:
Reply 14
Business - University of Liverpool - ABB
Business w/ Marketing - UWE - BBB
Business w/ Marketing - Nottingham Trent - BBB
Business w/ Marketing Management - Northumbria University - 300 points (Taken from 3 A-Levels and 1 AS).
Reply 15
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at doing Business and Management, I'm in my second year of A levels but I sort of messed up my last years work so I need to pull my finger out as they say this year to try and get all B's :smile: I will regularly post in this thread when I make some more decisions on which university.
Reply 16
Original post by Part A
Yep but most likely deferring for 2014 entry if I get a place on one of the gap year schemes I've applied for. Put down the BSc IMB on my UCAS, I think MSci is just an extra year studying abroad or some harder master-levels modules? Have you looked around UCL? :smile:

Ohh that's cool, yeah i'm gonna do bsc as well because MSCi seems a lot harder although you do get a year abroad...and no i haven't :/ but i should, seeing that it might be my firm choice lol, have you been there?
Hey there,

I am also applying for studies in 2013. However, I am an international (EU) applicant.

I have chosen:

The University of Exeter (Business management & marketing)
The University of Lancaster (Marketing & Advertising)
The University of Heriot-Watt (Business management & marketing)
The University of Glasgow (Business management & social policy)
The University of St. Andrews (Business management & psychology)

Indeed, I would like to get an offer from St. Andrews most of all! :smile:

What about others?
Reply 18
I'm an international student, so I've already taken my A Levels & received my grades: AAAA (6As 1B actually). :smile:

LSE - Management (AAB)
Bath - BBA (AAA)
Oxford - Economics and Management (AAA)
Warwick - International Management (AAA)
UCL - Info. Management for Business (AAB) [not sure MSci or BSc yet]

Sending off my application this Saturday after my tutor has filled in my reference!

My choices are ambitious (I don't suppose I'll get offers from all of them) but I'm applying for deferred entry (2014) since I'm currently in the army till end 2013. There's another opportunity for me to apply next year so I suppose I'll try out for the long shots!

p.s.: what's with the neg? :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Voda
I'm an international student, so I've already taken my A Levels & received my grades: AAAA (6As 1B actually). :smile:

LSE - Management (AAB)
Bath - BBA (AAA)
Oxford - Economics and Management (AAA)
Warwick - International Management (AAA)
UCL - Info. Management for Business (AAB) [not sure MSci or BSc yet]

Sending off my application this Saturday after my tutor has filled in my reference!

My choices are ambitious (I don't suppose I'll get offers from all of them) but I'm applying for deferred entry (2014) since I'm currently in the army till end 2013. There's another opportunity for me to apply next year so I suppose I'll try out for the long shots!

p.s.: what's with the neg? :confused:

Nice, I'm applying for quite a lot of the same courses as you! Which a levels did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending