The Student Room Group

Multiculturalism- what happens when......?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 81
Original post by amvirusalert
Is it necessary for it to be in the UK for it to be extremism? And a quick google search will show you the extremists.

If thats true do a "quick google search" and show me....

If not- that's because there are hardly any in comparison to extreme muslims.
Reply 82
I know what China Town's are, but correct me if I am I wrong to say the majority of people there are Chinese? The point I am trying to get across is that maybe the reason behind that is that Chinese people feel more comfortable there? Whatever the reason, people should not have a problem with that. Similarly, you should not have a problem with South Asians living in the same part of town.

The reason was not backlash is that it is not as serious as mocking a religion. And as far as the murders are concerned, you will find that almost all muslims believe that is wrong.

And yes, by 'all' i meant 'all 4'. >.>

A non-chinese person can walk through china town with more ease than a non-muslim walking through Bradford, Luton or Birmingham!
Original post by billydisco
or Libya
or Pakistan
or India
or Afghanistan
or Somalia
or Iraq
or Iran
or Syria
or Indonesia
or Egypt
or Saudi Arabia
or Lebanon

Religion really should not mix into this or I bring up that clearly there aren't problems with Christians in:
the UK
Spain
Italy
USA
South Sudan
Lebanon
Brazil

and clearly only 60 years ago it was used to justify the occupation of colonies and the mistreatment of the people there, harassment of women, harassment of homosexuals, harassment of children, harassment of those with metal difficulties, the apartheid, those that weren't Christians and the imposing religious law with common law.
My point is in terms of multiculturalism it makes little sense to talk about religion as religion is set in stone in it's very nature while cultures are constantly changing. Heck 20 years ago it was the norm for teenagers to smoke whereas now it's much the opposite. Meanwhile 20 years ago contraceptives were still banned in Catholicism and behold they still are. Simple examples but the point stands.
A non-chinese person can walk through china town with more ease than a non-muslim walking through Bradford, Luton or Birmingham!

What makes it so difficult to walk through them, do the people prevent you from walking? -.-
Reply 85
Original post by Rainingshame
Religion really should not mix into this or I bring up that clearly there aren't problems with Christians in:
the UK
Spain
Italy
USA
South Sudan
Lebanon
Brazil

and clearly only 60 years ago it was used to justify the occupation of colonies and the mistreatment of the people there, harassment of women, harassment of homosexuals, harassment of children, harassment of those with metal difficulties, the apartheid, those that weren't Christians and the imposing religious law with common law.
My point is in terms of multiculturalism it makes little sense to talk about religion as religion is set in stone in it's very nature while cultures are constantly changing. Heck 20 years ago it was the norm for teenagers to smoke whereas now it's much the opposite. Meanwhile 20 years ago contraceptives were still banned in Catholicism and behold they still are. Simple examples but the point stands.

Care to tell me what Christians are doing causing trouble in those countries (other than the USA)? The only genuine one in that list is actually the USA....

What are Christians doing in the UK????? Oh and if you name Northern Ireland, that's nationalist- not religious.
I dont really class sikhs demonstrating because a SIKH TEMPLE was doing stuff which violates their own religion.....

Any proper cases of extremism? Or is islam the only one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mxvlw/Panorama_Price_Tag_Wars/
judaism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan
let us not forget Christianity

Hinduism has it's cases in India. Not really too much of an expert on Sikhism.
Reply 87
What makes it so difficult to walk through them, do the people prevent you from walking? -.-

Are you complete stupid? If you're trying to do the "I am smart and going to make him look silly" thing I will completely wipe the floor with you.

How about I start asking how many murders have occurred due to arranges marriages/families not liking new family members, per each religion?
Reply 88
Original post by Rainingshame
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mxvlw/Panorama_Price_Tag_Wars/
judaism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan
let us not forget Christianity

Hinduism has it's cases in India. Not really too much of an expert on Sikhism.

You think the Klu Klux Klan are based around religion?

I see you're stretching, trying to get into racism now...... Thought you might get that desperate....
Care to tell me what Christians are doing causing trouble in those countries (other than the USA)? The only genuine one in that list is actually the USA....

What are Christians doing in the UK????? Oh and if you name Northern Ireland, that's nationalist- not religious.

Clearly you haven't been to evangelical churches in Wolverhampton. Parts of Italy and Spain are ultra conservative. The Sudan civil war is almost ENTIRELY based on religion. Add it to your Islam one. Brazil isn't that bad but again it follows the anti feminism movements in ultra conservative parts. In Lebanon extremist Christians aren't as big a problem as their Muslim counter parts. My guess is that that's because they are lacking in number. (the country as a whole is majority Muslim)
Are you complete stupid? If you're trying to do the "I am smart and going to make him look silly" thing I will completely wipe the floor with you.

How about I start asking how many murders have occurred due to arranges marriages/families not liking new family members, per each religion?

Nope but you are completely ignorant and stupid. How about I ask you how many murders have occured that were nothing to do with religion? and i blame them all on you?
Original post by SkinnyKat
You forgot America, France, Norway, Malaysia...

America- you're wrong, maybe you should read this and this. Yes, there's a bit at the bottom which says Muslims are over represented in prison, but then it says it's because 80% of people who "find faith" convert to Islam in prison.

Norway- the largest Muslim group there are Pakistanis, and this is what I found:
"Almost 10% of the medical students in Oslo are of Pakistani heritage.[7] The figure is significant as Pakistani Norwegians only constitute 3.67% of Oslo's population. The proportion of Pakistani Norwegians, born and raised in Norway, in higher education at university level is higher than the Norwegian national average."
The first generation Pakistani Norwegians, who migrate from Pakistan, often retain their traditional Pakistani views. Second generation Pakistani Norwegians who are born in Norway tend to be completely Norwegian in attitudes and practice

Malaysia- It's a muslim majority country with lot's of minorities there like Chinese, Indian Tamils etc. I know things aren't completely 100% equal there, but as far as I know they aren't going all out attack on the non Muslims. Then again I'm not an expert on the situation in the country.

France - Yes there are lot's of Arabs (mainly Muslim) and Black people (Christian and Muslim) who cause crime, but there are a lot of factors as to why they do this, and to say it's because they're Muslim is ridiculous.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93

The things you have shown are acts committed by members of a religion, not in the name of the religion.

The examples of muslim extremism are committed in the name of islam- see the difference? Finding me examples of a church which has been burnt in Israel doesnt mean Judaism has extremists....

Try again
(edited 11 years ago)
The things you have shown are acts committed by members of a religion, not in the name of the religion.

The examples of muslim extremism are committed in the name of islam- see the difference? Finding me examples of a church which has been burnt in Israel doesnt mean Judaism has extremists....

Try again

You have proved my point of being stupid, read through them and then get back to me.

Also, incase you didn't know, an extremist can be defined by : One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm. And because it does not simply state it was done in the name of religion does not mean it is not to do with religion.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 95
How about I ask you how many murders have occured that were nothing to do with religion? and i blame them all on you?

If you could connect me to them I would be extremely impressed..... Its pretty easy for me to connect islam to "domestic family murders".
(edited 11 years ago)
If you could connect me to them I would be extremely impressed..... Its pretty easy for me to connect islam to violent "domestic family murders".

What is the connection between Islam and 'domestic family murders'? A rare occurrence makes a connection between the religion of the person?
Reply 97
You have proved my point of being stupid, read through them and then get back to me.

Also, incase you didn't know, an extremist can be defined by : One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm. And because it does not simply state it was done in the name of religion does not mean it is not to do with religion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12060960

Care to show me what this one has to do with religion? If the queen (head of the Church of England) was murdered by a Sikh nut case does that automatically mean the murder was perpetrated in the name of Sikhism? No
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12060960

Care to show me what this one has to do with religion? If the queen (head of the Church of England) was murdered by a Sikh nut case does that automatically mean the murder was perpetrated in the name of Sikhism? No

'the case had potential links to Sikh extremism'
To proponents of Multiculturalism, what happens when undesirable cultures are becoming part of our culture?

You say how multiculturalism is great, "oh its so lovely to share the cultures of other people"..... so what happens when some of these other cultures are not "lovely"?

To be more specific- there are people coming to the UK from cultures where it is normal to rape, murder and steal..... so how is multiculturalism beneficial when we have nothing stopping these cultures from spreading in the UK?

Some parts of the UK are becoming ghettos because of such "cultures"- the people to blame for this are proponents of multiculturalism (but hey, Tony Blair hasn't got to live with his decisions, right?).

Rape, murder and stealing are behaviours not culture and there have always been British criminals being convicted of the same criminal activities even before all the many other ethnic groups migrated to Britain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending