The Student Room Group

Want to apply to ucl for medicine..need help?

Ok so basically I finished my alevels and got A*A*A*a and im now on a gap year but my year 12 ASses were CDD but with hard work throughout the whole of year 13 I managed to do really well. Okay heres the thing, I heard that UCL ask for AS UMS. will they be asking for my orginal AS grades which I got when i finished year 12 or the AS grades I got once I retook it throughout year 13. Really want to apply there but im scared
Reply 1
Hi I m only just started year 12 so I m not probably right. Anyway heres my humble guess. I think they won't care about your AS s as you have the full alevel in the bag. So you will get a unconditional offer... As they will only want to test whether medicine is for you not how academic you are. So your test will be the interview and PS. So I think your AS s are irrelevant.

Having said this I do not know if they do not like resits of as in yr13.

Just email the uni and ask
That's your best bet. Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
First of all, FAIR PLAY for pulling back all your grades, thats pretty impressive man.

Also they will look at your AS UMS including your retakes, so if you made them into As through remarks, UCL will see the As and not the Cs/Ds
Original post by Dr00n
First of all, FAIR PLAY for pulling back all your grades, thats pretty impressive man.

Also they will look at your AS UMS including your retakes, so if you made them into As through remarks, UCL will see the As and not the Cs/Ds

Seriously? How do you know that?:s-smilie:

they really shouldn't even care about the AS as they are non-existent once you complete you whole Alevels. Because the whole point they look at the AS grades is to give a relative estimation of what you'll achieve and that is the basis of predicted grades.
Reply 4
Original post by Future_Dr
Seriously? How do you know that?:s-smilie:

they really shouldn't even care about the AS as they are non-existent once you complete you whole Alevels. Because the whole point they look at the AS grades is to give a relative estimation of what you'll achieve and that is the basis of predicted grades.

It says to declare your AS ums scores on their website for medicine. ahh ! but thanks anyway :biggrin:
Original post by jhon986
Ok so basically I finished my alevels and got A*A*A*a and im now on a gap year but my year 12 ASses were CDD but with hard work throughout the whole of year 13 I managed to do really well. Okay heres the thing, I heard that UCL ask for AS UMS. will they be asking for my orginal AS grades which I got when i finished year 12 or the AS grades I got once I retook it throughout year 13. Really want to apply there but im scared

They'll work out your new AS ums from your retakes. I'm assuming you retook some AS exams right to increase them?
Reply 6
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
They'll work out your new AS ums from your retakes. I'm assuming you retook some AS exams right to increase them?

yes i did. Thanks anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending