Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

John Terry retires from international football

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    He should have retired a long time ago now. As soon as the Ferdinand incident happened in my opinion.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    bout time, hopefully a few more old guys will follow.
    • 12 followers

I guess he wasn't happy about the friendly being announced between England and Nigeria, either that or he wants to concentrate his efforts on bedding the wives of the England players.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He'll miss the many trophies England will win in the next few years.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Done us all a favour tbh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    was a big fan of terry, sad to see him go.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's time for the old guard to move on. The Ferdinand's, The Gerrard's etc. They've done their best, but should now move on and let the next generation have their chance.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had respect for the guy on the pitch. Off it... horrible bloke.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I think it's time for the old guard to move on. The Ferdinand's, The Gerrard's etc. They've done their best, but should now move on and let the next generation have their chance.
    i agree get the oldies out but it's useful to have some experience in the squad to help the younger players come through. i'd want gerrard and terry still in the squad.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissMuffin95)
    Had respect for the guy on the pitch. Off it... horrible bloke.
    That's the vast majority of footballers when you look at it really. Not just JT. I only have real respect for only a handful of players off the pitch.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still rate Terry pretty highly as a defender so I'm a bit annoyed, but we have some decent centre backs to call into the first team in Cahill and Jagielka, so it ain't all bad I guess.
    • 12 followers

I imagine he is still confident of picking up a medal in 2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I imagine he is still confident of picking up a medal in 2014
    Saving his legs tbf, just like how he didn't want to tire them out with all that nonsense of actually playing in the final.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyfacedDom)
    i agree get the oldies out but it's useful to have some experience in the squad to help the younger players come through. i'd want gerrard and terry still in the squad.
    Yes that's a good point. I think the problem is though, it would be difficult to take these huge personalities and not play them. Perhaps a coaching role for Terry like Neville has could be beneficial?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hart,Richard,Jones,Smalling,Gibb s,Rodwell,Wilshere,Chamberlain,S terling,Welbeck,Powell

Do what brazil are doing and build a team around these players.
    Not for 2014 it's too late but for 2018. Still do play these players in the next WC to get them experience and you will have a very decent chance. They'll have been playing together for 6 years and all at their peak age.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    He should have retired a long time ago now. As soon as the Ferdinand incident happened in my opinion.
    Love how despite the neg's noone has actually said what they take exception to with what I said here. :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Served his country well, another of the 'Golden Generation' to leave without any sort of England medal around his neck.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    More to this than meets the eye. Massively co-incidental that his personal hearing with the FA is tomorrow and my guess is that the FA have more than enough evidence to charge him with racial abuse on the balance of probability. And since you can't have someone you've formally charged with racism representing the national team, then it's alot easier for JT to retire beforehand rather than being forced out of the England set up. Furthermore, he says that defending himself again has made his position "untenable," well, it's not going to be untenable if you have another innocent verdict.

I never particularly liked JT's style of playing, I always thought he was a bit of a bully boy on the field who could easily get caught out by a more skillfull forward. But credit where it's due, he did always give his all for England.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    JT Captain,Leader, Legend
    Easily England's player of the tournament at the euros
    And proved his class for Chelsea last year(except stupid red against barca)
    People say Kompany is awesome but if terry to his place vs Madrid it defiantly would have been 3-2 Marcelo easily rolled him and he ducked out off a shot which cost them the game
    One of the Best defenders in the world over the last 8 years

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.