The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Most lively part of campus/college

Hi everyone

I was lucky enough to get a place in Pendle superior en-suite, which is in the south west part of campus.

I'm quite an outgoing and lively person who likes going out and was just wondering how lively south west is? I know this probably won't matter but I'm interested anyway. I've heard Cartmel tends to be quiet but Lonsdale is known as the 'party college' and both are nearby in the south west part of campus so how does this reflect the area as a whole?

Also, will being in the superior en-suite part of Pendle, which is separated from Pendle main mean I'll be more isolated? - (If i could choose again I probably wouldn't pick superior-ensuite, I thought it was a good idea at the time but now think I'd prefer sharing a bathroom and being a bit closer to the middle of campus.)

Last point, how long is the walk from Pendle to the management school?

I'm probably reading into everything and over thinking it but I'm just wondering if any current students can clarify anything that i've pointed out here.

Other than that, can't wait for next sunday! I'm sure we'll all have a great time no matter what college or room
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Less than 5 minutes to walk from Pendle to the Management school, what degree are you studying?

Every college has it's outgoing people and more quieter people, I don't know anyone who has lived in Pendle on-suite but my friends who lived in Pendle ghetto had parties going on all the time in their flat.

I'm in Lonsdale college and south-west is much livelier than people make it out to be. You will be within a 5 minute walk to 3/4 college bars and like you said Lonsdale is known as the party college, so there will be lots of flat parties going on all the time.

Overall you make of it what you put in, go to all the events your college jcr organise in freshers and you will soon meet like-minded people.

Hope that helps!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm studying marketing management.

Thanks for the comment, thats really reassured me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending