The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
B00kwOrm
I've got the choice between Nottingham and Royal Holloway for History, both offers are unconditional as I already have my A-levels. I've been to Royal Holloway but didn't make to the open day at Nottingham. I don't know much about Nottingham at all really and the opinions here seem to range from "great place" to "crime-ridden dump" (overstating it a bit). Can anyone offer me some advice on where I should go?

I'd say Nottingham, it has a much better reputation than RHUL and my friend went there the other day for the languages open day and really liked it, apparently the campus is beautiful. What about the course, from what I remember, the Nottingham course is as good as the RHUL one in breadth and depth?
Good luck, email me when you decide :tongue:
Claire
x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks Claire, I'll e-mail you! But I find it very difficult to make up my mind. How was the open day at York by the way? Did you like it there?
Reply 3
B00kwOrm
Thanks Claire, I'll e-mail you! But I find it very difficult to make up my mind. How was the open day at York by the way? Did you like it there?

It was ok, a bit to claustaphobic for my liking, am definately more of a city girl! So I am picking LSE first choice, RHUL back up-same grades and all, but i hope it doesn't come down to me needing a back up... I am very excited at the prospect of LSE now, seems like the right place for me. Hope you sort out your decisions soon!
Reply 4
My housemate is a 3rd year studying history here at Notts (she also applied to RH). If you have any questions about it, i can try and find out for you.

Latest

Trending

Trending