Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

VOTE!! IS Dumberdore DEAD or ALIVE??!

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Dumbledore, DEAD or ALIVE?!
    Dead
    67.69%
    Alive
    17.47%
    Don't know
    8.30%
    Other
    6.55%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feanor_telamon)
    As long as he doesn't come back as a ghost, I'm fine... that would be freakingly similar to Obi Wan Kenobi's.
    Of course he will. Harry Potter is the new Star Wars.

Next book, JKR is going to reveal that Cho Chang is actually Harry's long lost sister :eek:
    The revelation is going to be followed by Harry feeling awkward about the whole making out with his sister thing. But then they discuss it and decide they don't care and make out again :cool:
    Hot stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nah..can't be his sister...maybe his step-sister........and rumured that voldy (ok, voldemort) is Harry's real dad...lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well it is nearly 4 here so I will give you all something to think about (if this havent been mentioned yet, didnt bother to read the whole replies):
    -Phoenix
    -dark wizard Grindlewald
    -how he died
    -clue in his speeches
    I will try to explain about it tomorrow...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mind if we can have your explaination???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The question doesn't specify which Dumbledore. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    mind if we can have your explaination???
    As laura k had kindly posted (you blow it:mad: lol just kidding ) anyway you can visit that link but seriously even if you dont read the site you can still doubt of how can a great magician like him die? Dont you feel that there is some sort of twist going on and I wonder who pocess his wand now...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He can't possibly be alive..I read somewhere that Rowling took out something she intended to put in-Dumbledore would have told Malfoy that 'He(Voldemort) cannot kill you if you are already dead'..Maybe that gives it away?

On the other hand, it could just be a rumour..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmallow_mayhem)
    He can't possibly be alive..I read somewhere that Rowling took out something she intended to put in-Dumbledore would have told Malfoy that 'He(Voldemort) cannot kill you if you are already dead'..Maybe that gives it away?

On the other hand, it could just be a rumour..
    Yeah, I have faith in that line, and the rest of the section that appears in the US version and not the UK.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    …] He told me to do it or he'll kill me. I've got no choice." "He cannot kill you if you are already dead. Come over to the right side Draco, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine. What is more, I can send members of the Order to your mother tonight to hide her likewise. Nobody would be surprised that you had died in your attempt to kill me — forgive me, but Lord Voldemort probably expects it. Nor would the Death Eaters be surprised that we had captured and killed your mother — it is what they would do themselves, after all. Your father is safe at the moment in Azkaban […]"
    (US Edition p. 591)[HP6]

Soooo Star Warsy its almost in poor taste :p:

Also, do we have tangible proof of an overly distraught JKR in interviews, pre-release and post-release? She was very shaken by Sirius, but what about Dumbledore?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well she said that she planned Dumbledore's death long ago, so she shouldn't be shaken by that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore is dead. End of.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dead .
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. ;yes;
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layla*)
    Indeed. ;yes;
    :five:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheen)

Well, there's no point in arguing otherwise. The majority voted that he's dead anyway and I'm pretty sure he is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hm...but DD being alive hasn't got the least no. of votes...

(Original post by Ron Stoppable)
    The question doesn't specify which Dumbledore. :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: ???
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    True. What's the 'other' vote? I'm interested in what those people have to say on voting that option.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the 'Other' option is for people who thinks for example, that DD would come back as a ghost,or he came back via reincarnation (which is my guess) etc, so hes dead (in order to become a ghost) and 'alive' (not completely killed off in the story ) in a sense.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    the 'Other' option is for people who thinks for example, that DD would come back as a ghost,or he came back via reincarnation (which is my guess) etc, so hes dead (in order to become a ghost) and 'alive' (not completely killed off in the story ) in a sense.
    Oh, I see. Well that makes sense then. Ultimately even if they chose that option, he is 'dead' in a way though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    HAH, I WAS RIGHT.

Dumbledore is DEAD.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 26, 2006
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.