The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm Michelle and I'll be starting at Sussex in September to study Sociology and Spanish. See you there Rebecca!
I'm a drummer, into all things rock and metal (and funk, reggae, drum 'n' bass, etc) and I'm very much a gig-goer.
I've applied for campus housing (Florence Road and Lewes Courts) and Council Housing. Will apply for private too, but can't really afford the deposit!
Will see you guys soon! :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Yay a metal fan! :biggrin: Been to any good gigs lately?
Hi my name's Thomas, I'm 18 and I'll be studying Multimedia and Digital Systems if I meet the offer conditions of BBB or 300 points. :smile:

I love gaming and I also love going to gigs as I saw Anthrax last Sunday and Dream Theater back in October and I'm going to see Alter Bridge in June. :biggrin:
Reply 23
I'm going to put Sussex down as my firm, but will do so at the last minute probably. I've applied for History and I'll end up staying at East Slope I think.
Lots of gig goers.. this is good :smile:. I'm into post-punk, hip hop, drum n bass, reggae/dub, trance, house, jazz as well as your typical indie fare.
Kura1984
I'm Michelle and I'll be starting at Sussex in September to study Sociology and Spanish. See you there Rebecca!
I'm a drummer, into all things rock and metal (and funk, reggae, drum 'n' bass, etc) and I'm very much a gig-goer.
I've applied for campus housing (Florence Road and Lewes Courts) and Council Housing. Will apply for private too, but can't really afford the deposit!
Will see you guys soon! :smile:

Hey i see you live in the west midlands, in a non stalkerish way where abouts? I live just outside Coventry. Oh i used to play drums as well!
Syntax
I'm going to put Sussex down as my firm, but will do so at the last minute probably. I've applied for History and I'll end up staying at East Slope I think.
Lots of gig goers.. this is good :smile:. I'm into post-punk, hip hop, drum n bass, reggae/dub, trance, house, jazz as well as your typical indie fare.

Yay, finally another History person. I haven't seen any around before now ...
Reply 26
xxredlipstickxx
Hey i see you live in the west midlands, in a non stalkerish way where abouts? I live just outside Coventry. Oh i used to play drums as well!

I live in East Brum near the airport Rebecca. It will be nice to meet you in September!

If any of you guys see me wearing an Amen shirt that says 'Cops suck coc*s', you know who I am!
Reply 27
hey, just thought I might as well make a post. I'm tom, 18 will be 19 by the time I get there... erm... studying law, thats gonna be intresting I guess ha. They seem to have given me a ridiculous offer because I am doing 4 A2s, they want ABBB, which seems a bit harsh, but still really want to go there. Brighton is such a nice area.

Another veggie, gig goer I am afraid. Anyway, see you all soon I guess :smile:
Reply 28
hey hey everyone! i am helen, im 18 and hopefully going to sussex to study english! replied to my offers just now, with UEA as my insurance. So hope i get my grades, AAB which im a bit worried about as i bullied my teachers a bit to put those grades! Yeah, so i like food, shopping, singing, music, lots of the normal stuff really... and looks like im going for east slope too! glad some of you are, my friend whos at sussex warned me against it but its all i can afford I think!
Reply 29
Hi guys... like HelsBels, my name is also helen, i have also applied to do English (although im slightly daunted by the amount of reading we're expected to do...), and also with UEA as my insurance (coincidence or what?!) will *hopefully* be living in Park Village, although i have heard mixed opinions about it! Im amazed by all these vegetarians, i'd like to join the club but am only an aspiring veggie. Hopefully i will learn your ways next year!
Emu
Im amazed by all these vegetarians, i'd like to join the club but am only an aspiring veggie. Hopefully i will learn your ways next year!

Hey, as I think I've already said I'm doing English. And as a vegetarien I'd love to offer you my help and advice but I'm a terrible one! I just seem to permanently live on carbs and processed food (which despite "suitable for vegetarien" labels is probably made from all the unwanted bits of animals anyway!! :rolleyes:)

The reading list for September does seem a bit daunting, I may post a comment in the English 2006 thread and see which texts people are planning to read before they start and if they are gonna start reading them before they get their results in august- just incase they don't end up at Sussex!
I was planning on reading all the main texts over the summer (i think there are 10). Think positively re results; and, if they don't go the way you planned, it's all good reading anyway, even if you end up at a different uni. :smile:
Reply 32
heh that is a bit of a coincidence other helen! also, am a bit confused, is there a reading list already? how do i find it??
Reply 34
I'm starting in 06 with any luck- for English Literature

www.myspace.com/katymaylalala

x
Reply 35
Hi im Joanna and im hopefully doing History at Sussex in 2006! Hopefully ill get ABB, but more likely to be let in on ucas points for BBBb. Really hope i come cos my insurance is for Archaeology which i really dont want to do at the moment. Unfortunatley im not a vegetarian tried a few times but sausages get me every time lol. Anyone know if theres any decent orchestras or bands as id quite like to carry on playing trumpet as ive recently got grade 8? quite excited about coming hopefully see u all there!
blone_bomb
Hi im Joanna and im hopefully doing History at Sussex in 2006! Hopefully ill get ABB, but more likely to be let in on ucas points for BBBb.

Aww how come you get a nice offer like that? :frown: I need ABB too, but I don't get the nice option of the UCAS points bit, including an AS. That would make things much easier for me. *is jealous* :P

Hello fellow historian, by the way :smile:
Reply 37
blone_bomb
Anyone know if theres any decent orchestras or bands as id quite like to carry on playing trumpet as ive recently got grade 8?
We have a really good orchestra and a newly formed big band!

Jo x
Reply 38
soulofanewmachine
Aww how come you get a nice offer like that? :frown: I need ABB too, but I don't get the nice option of the UCAS points bit, including an AS. That would make things much easier for me. *is jealous* :P

Hello fellow historian, by the way :smile:

hehe me loving my offer right now, We will get the grades though we will! see you in september

SussexJo
We have a really good orchestra and a newly formed big band!

Jo x

ooo sounds good, really looking forward to coming sussex now
blone_bomb
hehe me loving my offer right now, We will get the grades though we will! see you in september

Me hope so! :P Today I found out I got an A in my English coursework, so that's good news.

Latest

Trending

Trending