The Student Room Group

Cat goes to vet for flea bath but gets euthanized

http://news.yahoo.com/cat-goes-vet-flea-bath-gets-euthanized-113441850.html

To be honest, I don't see how this is the vet's fault? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

They're both at fault IMO. The person should have checked they had the right form. On the otherhand, shouldn't the vet have questioned why he was killing what must have been a healthy cat and then checked the records to see if anything was wrong with it.

IMO it doesn't surprise me that they're sueing . . . it's america.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Oh the poor little fuzzball. :frown:

Unfortunately I think it's due to a simple administrative error. :erm:
Reply 3
Original post by Clare~Bear

But the son signed the agreement?
why would anyone authorize the euthanasia of a healthy animal the clearly has a loving home :confused:

red flags should of been flying all over that one
Original post by kka25

Yeah after he was given the wrong form. If it's only for a flea bath and there's 2 pages of small print, you're not going to read it all.
Reply 6
If it's only for a flea bath and there's 2 pages of small print, you're not going to read it all.

Then that would be negligence on the son's part wouldn't it?
That's just really sad :frown: Surely the vet would recognise a perfectly healthy cat?!
Reply 8
The cat's fluffy too : (
For some reason that made me laugh, even though I've got two cats myself.
Original post by kka25

To be honest, I don't see how this is the vet's fault? :confused:

It's unclear whose fault it is.
It's not the sons fault nobody reads pages of small print you expect the people in charge to hand you the correct forms whoever was in charge of administrative duties is at fault I doubt it's personally the vets fault.
That's awful. :cry2:
I know the son was careless to sign the papers (although in all fairness we do put a lot of trust in signing documents in places such as vets/ hospitals, we just assume that everything has been organised to a professional standard) but the vet was even more careless to euthanise what appeared to be a perfectly healthy cat, as others have said.
And a careless vet is certainly not acceptable given the job role. But then the administrative are also largely to blame for handing out the wrong bloody forms.

Poor cat, I'd be absolutely devastated and so angry if that happened to my dog.
lol
Reply 15

I know that America has this "suing" culture, but I don't think this one is that bad. I'd be absolutely raging, and I'd consider it.
Original post by kka25

So, they try and sue everyone and everything possible. I didn't say that I think they should win the case . . .

Original post by kka25
Then that would be negligence on the son's part wouldn't it?

Original post by davidmarsh01
I know that America has this "suing" culture, but I don't think this one is that bad. I'd be absolutely raging, and I'd consider it.

Precisely.
That's so sad, poor thing :cry2: Aren't vets only supposed to euthanise animals after consultation with the owner and when it's clear the animal is incurably ill? Sounds very dodgy.
Reply 18
So, they try and sue everyone and everything possible. I didn't say that I think they should win the case . . .

To be honest, I've no idea why you would want to quote something that you've already quoted; are you tying to add in an afterthought?
lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending