The Student Room Group

Just when you thought The Guardian couldn't get any more miserable...

...some humourless leftie publishes an article calling Gangnam Style offensive. :rolleyes:

When is this ever going to end?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/24/gangnam-style-south-korean-pop

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I find that I trust the Guardian a lot more than the Sun, the Daily Express, and the Daily Torygraph.
Reply 2
Ahhh, I'm just going to stick to BBC News. Gangnam style is just fun.
Reply 3
Stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's done nothing but good things for Korea, in my opinion.
Reply 4
Original post by Eboracum
I find that I trust the Guardian a lot more than the Sun, the Daily Express, and the Daily Torygraph.

True, but to be fair that's not much of a compliment :biggrin:
Reply 5
How can I not have seen that video until now?! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Do you always wet yourself when you come across an article you don't agree with?
Reply 7
Original post by Clessus
True, but to be fair that's not much of a compliment :biggrin:

Haha, indeed. High five for that! :biggrin:
WTF? Seriously...
Reply 9
I only really like reading the guardian because nearly all articles are open for comments, and the comments are often more informative and amusing than the article itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by from rush hour with love
...some humourless leftie publishes an article calling Gangnam Style offensive. :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/24/gangnam-style-south-korean-pop

In fairness I've just watched it, and it's decent. He is funny, and the video is good, the song could just be a generic dance song in the UK charts though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Why don't any North Korean videos get such exposure?

What does one expect?
Original post by + polarity -
Why don't any North Korean videos get such exposure?

They look like robots :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by MKZebra
I only really like reading the guardian because nearly all articles are open for comments, and the comments are often more informative and amusing than the article itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theyve got nothing on the DM comment section, its hilarious to read :tongue:
Reply 15
The Guardian has become a parody of itself.
That video is amazing.
Reply 17
The Guardian is nothing but a parody of everything everyone hates in the 'liberal left'.
So because some people find East Asisn men comical, they should never try to do anything funny? That's some brilliant logic.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
Original post by from rush hour with love

I don't personally understand all the fuss about Gangnam, other than it's just another silly dance, but the article you point to isn't all that leftie, it makes some good points, its quite amusingly written and it is true that E. Asian people attract a lot of stereotyping here in the West. Maybe take your silly Daily Mail-induced right-wing reflexes to a better target?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending