The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We saw Wolfston house on open day...i wouldnt apply there unless you like living in holes:eek:
Also the 14 people sharing a kitchen which is not that big was def not a plus!
However they said that 2007 they are gonna have internet..finally..but too late for us lot:smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
ive applied to stamford street apartments coz it jus seems more convenient to people based in strand.
Reply 3
aSian_cUtY
We saw Wolfston house on open day...i wouldnt apply there unless you like living in holes:eek:
Also the 14 people sharing a kitchen which is not that big was def not a plus!
However they said that 2007 they are gonna have internet..finally..but too late for us lot:smile:

I know people living in Wolfson House this year who share a kitchen and a bathroom with just 4. Also there rooms are massive. (Absence of the Internet is the only downfall but this seems to be being addresses so all's good!)

I'd go for Great Dover Street Apartments personally. Much nicer than Stamford Street... And hardly any distance at all to Waterloo/Strand really. (I get the tube but I'm lazy... :wink:)

xxxx
The intercollegiates
morningtheft
The intercollegiates

word
Reply 6
What is Connaught Square like - would anyone recommended living in intercollegiate halls? At the mo I think i'm leaning towards Stamford Street...
Reply 7
kev2115
ive applied to stamford street apartments coz it jus seems more convenient to people based in strand.

but damn they're expensive! and I've only just realised I'm in the Strand too! oops.so WH, Hamstead are miles away right?
It's really annoying that people from Strand campus want SSA, i want them, then i'd only have to role out of bed 5 minutes before a lecture, being at Waterloo campus! Grrr. :p:
Reply 9
I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I'm doing Law as ya can see and I'm looking at a map of all the halls atm. I was just wondering how far are halls like hampstead and WH from the campus in terms of time? Because the SSA's are like a grand more expensive then the others and self catering to boot...Is it worth for a bit of extra convenience to shell out an extra grand???
I was at Hampstead last year and it'd take you about 35mins to get to the Strand. If you're not used to commuting it's a bit of a pain to start with (like a 10min walk or 2min bus ride and then 25mins tube) but to be honest when you get used to it it's not that bad really.

All I'd say to everyone picking accommodation atm is don't set your heart on anywhere. Everyone I was in halls with was in about their 5th/6th choice. Most peoples first choice is always SS/GDS so obviously theres huuuuge demand for them, so dont be too gutted if you don't get in where you want
Haha, nobody's suggesting KCH! I can't say I blame them though. :rolleyes:
KCH for the social life.

Apartments are convenient.

Intercollegiates are in a great location.
Baadshah
I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I'm doing Law as ya can see and I'm looking at a map of all the halls atm. I was just wondering how far are halls like hampstead and WH from the campus in terms of time? Because the SSA's are like a grand more expensive then the others and self catering to boot...Is it worth for a bit of extra convenience to shell out an extra grand???

Come on, a grand isn't much. And most people get public transport when they're quite far from their campus, as you would be. Now, unless you are planning to walk all the way to lectures on a nasty cold morning, over that ever-windy Waterloo bridge, then you'll be getting a tube. And when you add up how much you pay for transport over a year, then it does make that convenience of being closer that much better- it isn't a grand when you minus the cost of trasport for the other halls, is it? And you get the benefit of dleping longer, and being closer to the actual main Kings campus, where all the little activities are sorted, where the pubs are, etc etc. Go with the apartments
Reply 14
Baadshah

Wolfson House is within walking distance of both Waterloo and The Strand.
If you're as lazy as I am... It's also right next door to London Bridge tube station :smile:
Reply 15
In the apartments, do you have your own single room, en suite and share cooking facilities with others? I've read the myDigs thing..still a bit confused.
Reply 16
dreambrook
In the apartments, do you have your own single room, en suite and share cooking facilities with others? I've read the myDigs thing..still a bit confused.

Yeah thats right.I know what you mean they are a bit confusing. In addition it doesn't show how big any of the rooms are either, which is annoying
ive just sorted out my accomodaiton, and it was a pain in the ass to do!! especially as i have never seen kings or any of its accomodation facilities, and the brocure isnt exactly helpful!
Reply 18
Honestly guys, this is coming from someone who obsessed for months about accomodation last year, everyone I know at King's is happy with where they live. Halls are 95% about the people your with and freedom you have, and only 5% about the size of your room or the miles to walk.

My advice would be:

* Come up with a list of your priorities - if cost is an issue then put the cheaper halls first, etc
* Don't make too much of a big deal out of it, because the likelihood is you won't get your first choices; and so will only be setting yourself up for a fall. London is so diverse that wherever you end up, you'll find yourself soon feeling at home.
Lauren18
Honestly guys, this is coming from someone who obsessed for months about accomodation last year, everyone I know at King's is happy with where they live. Halls are 95% about the people your with and freedom you have, and only 5% about the size of your room or the miles to walk.

My advice would be:

* Come up with a list of your priorities - if cost is an issue then put the cheaper halls first, etc
* Don't make too much of a big deal out of it, because the likelihood is you won't get your first choices; and so will only be setting yourself up for a fall. London is so diverse that wherever you end up, you'll find yourself soon feeling at home.

exactly

it's definately the people you live with that make your hall experience

Latest