The Student Room Group

Why are the EDL regarded as bad guys...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I agree with most of their points on paper, however those who go to protests often are racists which give the group a bad name.
Original post by areebmazhar
I go to Sheffield University as a commuter student- so sort of sucks! Haha you must be the first person ever from Eastwood to go to university! :biggrin:

ah cool what u study?
lol most ppl i know go sheff hallam. they from posh sides though :tongue:
looool that is actually true, double pressure haha :redface:
Original post by hasan4life
ah cool what u study?
lol most ppl i know go sheff hallam. they from posh sides though :tongue:
looool that is actually true, double pressure haha :redface:

I'm a medic, cliched I know lol. Wbu? Good to know some asians take their education seriously though, unlike 99% of the Eastwood homies who just go round, hanging outside shops etc!
Original post by Ayesha1234
Loool

If anything, the EDL are cowards. They came to 'protest' close to the area I live in during Ramadan. They were outnumbered. So the cretins are coming back again in a couple of weeks when it will be Eid. :colonhash:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

They just look for fights to be honest and some people stupidly give them the chaos they want :frown:

If Eid is on a saturday you won't see them, all the football hooligans will be busy with Premeire League football.
Reply 44
They're usually Millwall fans who've been banned from the ground so they practice 'politically' motivated hooliganism instead of venting through the tribalism in football.
Original post by areebmazhar
I'm a medic, cliched I know lol. Wbu? Good to know some asians take their education seriously though, unlike 99% of the Eastwood homies who just go round, hanging outside shops etc!

ahh cool second year? im doing sport science :smile: hahahaha now most are in prison, the shop corners ren't the same without them :moon:
Original post by hasan4life
ahh cool second year? im doing sport science :smile: hahahaha now most are in prison, the shop corners ren't the same without them :moon:

First year and nice :smile:, I'm really interested in the speciality of sports medicine, really fascinating. Yeah come to think of it there's not that many that hang around now, I remember they used to hang outside that halal butchers shop near the small little Eastwood park :tongue:
Original post by IdeasForLife
They just look for fights to be honest and some people stupidly give them the chaos they want :frown:

If Eid is on a saturday you won't see them, all the football hooligans will be busy with Premeire League football.

Yep although I don't think they received the type of reception they were expecting over here. The local masjids told people not to retaliate and I don't think anyone did, they just stood in the way lol.

That episode was hilarious but in all seriousness they are racist titheads who really need to go back to school and learn something. "Muslamic Law" pfft.
Original post by kevin6767
I agree with some of their ideas as people have stated above, especially the piece written by Rainbows! But I disagree completely with her point on Halal meat and with the points raised by sparkle24 who denied that halal slaughter was barbaric. I have seen how the practice is done. It is cruel and causes a great deal of pain and suffering to an animal not to stun it before it is killed. It is not a soley muslim issue, a similar practice is done in the jewish community. Both should be banned as they are barbaric and anyone that wants to understand the process further only has to witness how animals are killed within halal processing plants.

On the issue of the Rotherham child rape cases it was clearly a racist act by deprived Asian men, mostly of pakistani origin who saw white girls as easy and worthless. Yes some men were arrested as was raised in an earlier point however this campaign of abuse and child rape went on for over a decade meaning there are many men operating such abusive gangs not just these few that were sent to prison. The Times and the Mail have both covered these stories recently. These girls were often from broken homes and were in need of protection, society failed them in an appalling manner. It is likely such gangs operate in other cities but police and councils are failing to deal with the problem because they fear the cries of racism from the left. I read in the Times today that a 13 year old girl was arrested for being drunk under the age and disturbing the peace when a neighbour reported her screams. She was found being passed around a group of these pakistani men and not one was arrested. How can it be right that she was arrest, they effectively were raping her and nothing was done. The public are not idiots and will increasingly turn to racist parties when the main parties fail to deal with these gangs. I personally would like to see the police and council workers who tried to cover this up arrest and prosecuted for perverting the course of justice and in the case of the police for not following the law. What is the law for if not to protect people?

Hey,I read your post today and as you mentioned my username I thought I'll tell you why I don't think the way we slaughter animals is barbaric. :smile:
Firstly, we can't really ask the animals when they feel in pain the most when being slaughtered in this way or that way.
Secondly, I believe that God knows the best and he told us how to slaughter animals.I will tell you something,I have also seen animals being slaughtered in the Islamic way.I still don't find it barbaric.Also,I believe that the meat if slaughtered in the way seen as permissible by Muslims and Jews is healthier as the toxins are drained out with the blood. :smile:
Original post by Sparkle24
Hey,I read your post today and as you mentioned my username I thought I'll tell you why I don't think the way we slaughter animals is barbaric. :smile:
Firstly, we can't really ask the animals when they feel in pain the most when being slaughtered in this way or that way.
Secondly, I believe that God knows the best and he told us how to slaughter animals.I will tell you something,I have also seen animals being slaughtered in the Islamic way.I still don't find it barbaric.Also,I believe that the meat if slaughtered in the way seen as permissible by Muslims and Jews is healthier as the toxins are drained out with the blood. :smile:

I don't want to start a fight, but I'm just curious - are the animals knocked out first?

Because I do believe it would be pretty damn painful to die dangling upside down with your throat slit, whilst conscious. (wait, that is how it's done - slit throat? sorry, it's been ages since I watched any videos/read about it cos I get all emotional and upset and I cry so I avoid it usually)

I wouldn't have an issue if measures were taken to prevent pain, but I've watched videos myself and it looks like the animals suffered pretty bad (of course, I'm not saying this isn't the case for other methods too - I imagine there's lots of cruelty out there in regards to the slaughtering of animals).
Original post by pol pot noodles
QFA

Great post mate. Nice username too!

Also, I live in Birmingham and have never come across these so called "exclusion zones" the OP talks about.
please-stop-posting.jpg
Original post by vaguity
I don't want to start a fight, but I'm just curious - are the animals knocked out first?

Because I do believe it would be pretty damn painful to die dangling upside down with your throat slit, whilst conscious. (wait, that is how it's done - slit throat? sorry, it's been ages since I watched any videos/read about it cos I get all emotional and upset and I cry so I avoid it usually)

I wouldn't have an issue if measures were taken to prevent pain, but I've watched videos myself and it looks like the animals suffered pretty bad (of course, I'm not saying this isn't the case for other methods too - I imagine there's lots of cruelty out there in regards to the slaughtering of animals).

I don't believe you are and even if you were your still asking a question:smile:
No,the animals have to be concious.We are not allowed to stun them first-it jams the blood.
When I saw the slaughtering of the animals they were not dangled upside down.I have seen the slaughtering of a cow,chickens and lambs .
Yes,the throat is slit.It doesn't matter that you have forgotten-we forget stuff after all we are human.
I just found this article after a google search:
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/05/06/212477.html
Also this:
http://www.tmfb.net/consumer-information/halal-slaughtering
Read number 12!

I hope you find this useful :smile:
If you have any more questions just ask :smile:
Reply 54
Have you ever been to one of their 'protests'? The UAF might be a bunch of tree hugging hippies but the EDL are by and large littlemore than a massof uneducated, benefit scrounging, underclass, racist scum...
I mean we've all seen the clip of the interview with one of them havent we, its posted back here somewhere with hismuslamic rayguns... need i say more?
Reply 55
Original post by vaguity
).

Hey
Search Why do Muslims eat halal meat?
Uploaded by Samimuhsin

On YouTube. It pretty much explains it, thought its kinda long so you may wanna skip bits. Apart from the slaughtering which is done differently, they're just free range. Ive seen animals slaughtered lots of times, we do all this to make sure the animal suffers as less as possible not the other way round lol. And theyr not stunned because that would bring them immense pain and stop the blood flowing properly... And the blood is all emptied to get rid of all
The toxins bacteria and possible disease. Im not an expert on this area but thas about the basis of it :smile:

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sparkle24
I don't believe you are and even if you were your still asking a question:smile:
No,the animals have to be concious.We are not allowed to stun them first-it jams the blood.

Original post by pinkspark
Hey
Search Why do Muslims eat halal meat?
Uploaded by Samimuhsin

On YouTube. It pretty much explains it, thought its kinda long so you may wanna skip bits. Apart from the slaughtering which is done differently, they're just free range. Ive seen animals slaughtered lots of times, we do all this to make sure the animal suffers as less as possible not the other way round lol. And theyr not stunned because that would bring them immense pain and stop the blood flowing properly... And the blood is all emptied to get rid of all
The toxins bacteria and possible disease. Im not an expert on this area but thas about the basis of it :smile:

Aw thank you both for your replies! I guess I just find it hard to believe that it's not painful to have your throat slit haha, although saying that I imagine some of the other ways they're slaughtered are much worse (read some right stuff about KFC/McDonalds and electrocution....). But I'm a vegetarian so I've probably biased anyway :wink:

Ahhh I didn't realise it would prevent blood flow!

i'm glad you answered me, thank you again :biggrin:
Original post by vaguity
Aw thank you both for your replies! I guess I just find it hard to believe that it's not painful to have your throat slit haha, although saying that I imagine some of the other ways they're slaughtered are much worse (read some right stuff about KFC/McDonalds and electrocution....). But I'm a vegetarian so I've probably biased anyway :wink:

Ahhh I didn't realise it would prevent blood flow!

:smile:
Reply 58
Original post by vaguity

Welcome :biggrin: and yeh you should look up intensive farming, it's horrible.

Reply 59
Because they are the hero england deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt them, because they can take it. Because they are not the heroes. They are silent guardians, watchful protectors. The Dark Knights.

Lololol :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending