The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances for LSE BMS?

Wondering what you guys think about my chances for Business Maths and Stats at LSE?

IGCSEs: 4A*s 6As 1B
AS-levels: Maths, Econs, Bio, Chemistry - AAAB
Subjects at A2: Maths, Econs, Bio + Further Maths AS
Predicted: A*AAa
Original post by craycray
Wondering what you guys think about my chances for Business Maths and Stats at LSE?

IGCSEs: 4A*s 6As 1B
AS-levels: Maths, Econs, Bio, Chemistry - AAAB
Subjects at A2: Maths, Econs, Bio + Further Maths AS
Predicted: A*AAa

Did you get A/A* in maths at GCSE ?
Otherwise that looks ok to me as long as you have examples of further reading in you p/s and you have some work exp. To really strengthen your application & to show that you have had a realistic insight to your degree choice.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by flyylikejetz
Did you get A/A* in maths at GCSE ?
Otherwise that looks ok to me as long as you have examples of further reading in you p/s and you have some work exp. To really strengthen your application & to show that you have had a realistic insight to your degree choice.

Yeah A*, and no further reading but yes bank work experience... Is that bad? :frown: sorry but slightly freaking out
Original post by craycray
Yeah A*, and no further reading but yes bank work experience... Is that bad? :frown: sorry but slightly freaking out

Yes that's good, you still have time to do further reading

don't worry
Yes that's good, you still have time to do further reading

don't worry

Do you reckon I have a chance for the same course or possiby Economics History and Economics?

GCSE: A*A*AAAAAAABB - (A in Maths)
AS: Maths (A) Chemistry (B) English Lang&Lit (B) French (C)
A2 Prediction: Maths (A) Chemistry (A) English Lang&Lit (A)
Original post by iamsuperjai
Do you reckon I have a chance for the same course or possiby Economics History and Economics?

GCSE: A*A*AAAAAAABB - (A in Maths)
AS: Maths (A) Chemistry (B) English Lang&Lit (B) French (C)
A2 Prediction: Maths (A) Chemistry (A) English Lang&Lit (A)

I am not so sure abot LSE, you could still try as its only 1/5 choices & you never know.
But your grades are still really good and you can apply to other good unis for economics for example nottingham, bristol etc.. which are top universities.
I am not so sure abot LSE, you could still try as its only 1/5 choices & you never know.
But your grades are still really good and you can apply to other good unis for economics for example nottingham, bristol etc.. which are top universities.

Okay. Thanks! I think im gonna go for Economics and Economics History as the entry requirement (AAB) is lower than BMS. Maybe I'd have a higher chance! *fingers crossed*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending