The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReneG
Dating is fine as my daughter is 16 and dating a 22 year old. One must keep in mind dating and sex are two different things. My daughter isn't sexual active so there is Nothing illegal. Also the guy is a gentleman and doesn't want to pressure her into anything. He wants to marry her when she is ready to marry.

a) Even if your daughter was sexually active it would still be nothing illegal. Assuming you're in the UK, the legal age of consent is 16.

b) Don't be naive. I'm not saying your daughter and her boyfriend are having sex, but if you're totally ruling it out as a possibility then that's somewhat naive. Sorry.

c) This is a stupidly old thread.
Reply 161
I am not naive and I know for a fact that they are not engaging in sex. My daughters room is off our parent sweet and her boyfriend stays here,, but sleeps on the entire opposite of the house. My daughter is not really into kissing him, she doesn't mind hugging or leaning on him watching movies. I am blessed with my last two children that their main concern is school, college, job, get settled, and then marry. neither of them want to have sex before marriage and i thank God for that.

My first two were another story they were out to sleep with whatever girl they could get. i am not in the UK in America, Arizona to be exact so laws are different. Thank You
I am a 16 year old dating a 22 year old, and we are happy together. Age shouldn't matter, love matters
Reply 163
It's legal unless he's in a position of authority or care. However, try this idea out for size, imagine he's finished uni and then done a PGCE (teacher training). Then he starts a relationship with a 16 year old who's still at school, though not where he works, so it's still legal... but it starts to seem pretty weird, don't you think? I have a 17 year old and she's very impressionable and vulnerable. Someone with a degree and a job is very much able to take advantage of her. There's no question that she could have friends that age- I did when I was young. As time's gone by, those who encouraged me to try out the same things they were doing turned out to be weird, and those who behaved like older brothers or sisters turned out well. Like many of the people replying above, I'd be suspicious of the older person. Those who consider this a conservative view might not share the values we have, that men and women should be equal- in some cultures different dynamics are acceptable, and people may be comfortable with a large power imbalance, which in Britain is generally not seen as a healthy relationship between equals. I'd advise your friend (and this is coming from a mature student) to have a really long think about what kind of relationship would feel good, feel right, and ask herself whether she's with him because she's flattered, and what it says about him that he considers a schoolgirl to be his type.
(edited 6 years ago)
Tbh I think it is BC if the guy and girl are loyal and honest and has faith and also is not sexual , then yes that's my opinion even tho the state laws don't agree. I keep asking myself what if they are madly in love with each other? What can go wrong? Some people are different, we are all human. Why make this difficult for us to gall in love with older people (15 or 16 year olds date a 20 year old) I say there's nothing wring with that but til our parents get involve and and disagrees BC of the law... I'd have the law change but have the states think about it and agree to let a 15 or 16 year old date a 20 year old, even when they are madly in love and will not hurt a fly just to try it.
Tbh I think it is BC if the guy and girl are loyal and honest and has faith and also is not sexual , then yes that's my opinion even tho the state laws don't agree. I keep asking myself what if they are madly in love with each other? What can go wrong? Some people are different, we are all human. Why make this difficult for us to gall in love with older people (15 or 16 year olds date a 20 year old) I say there's nothing wring with that but til our parents get involve and and disagrees BC of the law... I'd have the law change but have the states think about it and agree to let a 15 or 16 year old date a 20 year old, even when they are madly in love and will not hurt a fly just to try it.
My 16 year old girlfriend left me from a year and a bit relationship with a baby for a 22 year old who she knew for 3 days
Reply 167
Hey man I just had to ask about a 22 year old dating a 16 year old. I just wanted to know how that went cuz I'm pretty sure you went with her. . .right? Cuz I'm in the same situation I work with this girl who's 16 nd yes I realize she's 16 but I didn't feel for her the first time, but over time I fell for her and Idk why she's cute yes. .. . But Idk she's still young so Idk I like her and she like me she told me she does but liberally don't know. . . We've had a long year history together nd we've flirt here and there but I felt like I like her but Idk she is young . .. But Idk so I'm asking how did things go between you and her I'm curious. .. sorry about long text.Hey man I just had to ask about a 22 year old dating a 16 year old. I just wanted to know how that went cuz I'm pretty sure you went with her. . .right? Cuz I'm in the same situation I work with this girl who's 16 nd yes I realize she's 16 but I didn't feel for her the first time, but over time I fell for her and Idk why she's cute yes. .. . But Idk she's still young so Idk I like her and she like me she told me she does but liberally don't know. . . We've had a long year history together nd we've flirt here and there but I felt like I like her but Idk she is young . .. But Idk so I'm asking how did things go between you and her I'm curious. .. sorry about long text.
My boyfriend is 22 and I'm 16 we have been together since I was 14 and since he was 20 so we kept it to our selves till we were the correct age we r still together and my family love him and his family love me it's been well over a year 22/7/16 and we are very happy we relate a lot and he's my best friend as well as my boyfriend and people are very excepting of us we're not breaking up anytime soon
I think is is legal, and most important that those 2 have a great time, ages are not so matter :smile:
I’m pretty sure it’s illegal because the 22 year old is over he age of 18 and the 16 year old is under 18. Even though 16 is the age of concent it is not legal for a 16 year old to have a sexual relationship with someone over 18 this includes things like sexualised texts and pictures not just physical things.
Original post by Abbie113789
I’m pretty sure it’s illegal because the 22 year old is over he age of 18 and the 16 year old is under 18. Even though 16 is the age of concent it is not legal for a 16 year old to have a sexual relationship with someone over 18 this includes things like sexualised texts and pictures not just physical things.

https://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex

Posted from TSR Mobile
hay some teenager at 16 year old have boyfreind
It's legal because they're both over the age of consent but imho i think the 22yo will just end up regretting it... i know a guy in a similar situation and most of his friends are quite off with him now.
Idk if y’all are still alive or something but, my friend who is also a 16 year old (m) in high school in 12th grade (senior) class of 2019 he’s gonna turn 17 in November, is dating a guy who’s 22 has a great job, gets payed well, I obviously support both and I see nothing wrong mostly cuz we graduate in 9 months, he’s 16 looks 18, he’s 22 looks 17/18, nobody has to know but it’s gonna be a big deal when people find out the ages but yet again no one has to to know about the age just that they’re happy:smile:
i think it ok long it not under 16 but if you both date without sex and wait when he or she 18 then go for it also love is not about sex it about caring and show respect each other.
Original post by Luke414ellis
i think it ok long it not under 16 but if you both date without sex and wait when he or she 18 then go for it also love is not about sex it about caring and show respect each other.

Post is 3 years old...
yea i know lol i new to this i just seen this i want to comment it
Reply 178
Original post by Drewski
Post is 3 years old...

I've genuinely had it with people that do this, the worst part is that they get other unsuspecting individuals to post. It's an act of war

Latest

Trending

Trending