The Student Room Group

hep for single mum at uni and how do you apply for yr 2 finance?

I am a single mum to three and have just started a degree at uni. I have received my student finance for this year but I am still puzzled. At present I am on income support and child tax credit. However I have herd once my youngest turns 4 I will no longer get my income support?? Is this true and does my student finance grants or loans then increase due to this deduction? Also how and when do you need to apply for your student finance in your second year? Thanks in advance x
Reply 1
I think it's 5 rather than 4:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_175842

Sorry, I don't know whether/how Student Finance will be affected. If you have means-tested elements and you've declared Income Support as part of your income, then I guess Student Finance *might* increase (as your income will fall). However, you should check this direct with Student Finance.

When I was an undergrad 2008-11, you could apply for the next academic year's student finance online around February and any time after that. I used to get my application in as early as possible. Watch the Student Finance website to see when they open the application site, early next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending