The Student Room Group

Awesome Sikh woman!

Scroll to see replies

So she's proud to have a beard, this isn't news.
Reply 61
Original post by Sheldor
Does your beard represent you transcending societal norms and accepting a physical/hormonal defect too stand for what you believe in without caring what others think, whilst helping dissolve misconceptions about this belief?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you chose to walk around without ever having a bath folk would say "Have a wash you dirty sod" Put some odd slant on it involving sky faries and some folk on here would say "right on, you go and excersise your religious beliefs dude!"

In reality it's just lethargy. Putting a religious slant on it makes it somehow more credibly? Er, Ok...

If you want to see real bravery look towards the guys and gals getting shot at in afghanistan. Strolling round with a fluffy chin certainly isn't "brave" no matter what spin you care to put on it.
Original post by JC.
If you chose to walk around without ever having a bath folk would say "Have a wash you dirty sod" Put some odd slant on it involving sky faries and some folk on here would say "right on, you go and excersise your religious beliefs dude!"

In reality it's just lethargy. Putting a religious slant on it makes it somehow more credibly? Er, Ok...

If you want to see real bravery look towards the guys and gals getting shot at in afghanistan. Strolling round with a fluffy chin certainly isn't "brave" no matter what spin you care to put on it.

Woah, I seem too have caused major offence here. Its not the religous part that makes it inspirational.(Im an atheist) It's her dedication and how she doesn't agree too abandon her belifs and conform.
Not bathing is unhygenic. Having a beard isnt.
Also, there are different types of bravery. You can't discount one type by comparing it with.another.(E.G, you could say a little kid telling someone not too call her a name isn't brave compared too soldiers at war, but it is a different type/category of bravery so you shouldn't really compare it.)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Sheldor
Woah, I seem too have caused major offence here. Its not the religous part that makes it inspirational.(Im an atheist) It's her dedication and how she doesn't agree too abandon her belifs and conform.
Not bathing is unhygenic. Having a beard isnt.
Also, there are different types of bravery. You can't discount one type by comparing it with.another.(E.G, you could say a little kid telling someone not too call her a name isn't brave compared too soldiers at war, but it is a different type/category of bravery so you shouldn't really compare it.)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Rest assured you've not offended me although even if you had it wouldn't matter. Being offended doesn't lend more or less credence to any individual point.
That aside, I think you and I just fundamentally disagree on the point.

Although, that's not withstanding the fact that I've been quite deliberately baiting VanessaXD as this lovely human being hasn't once been able to write a single response without resorting to playground name calling.
Original post by translucent
So she's proud to have a beard, this isn't news.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending