The Student Room Group

Would you ever date someone of a different race?

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, it's such a non-issue for me.
Original post by The Polymath
's bare awks how man hazn't experienced the vocabularies of da hood.

im from harlseden lol

but im grown up, dont even listen to grime anymore, well old school roll deep dizze still has a spot in the heart

but women talking like men is a turn off
Reply 22
Original post by jojo1995
Not YOU again - talk about self pity :eek:
I'm sure some white girls will come along one day!!

Because you see plenty of Oriental guys with white girlfriends in real life. :rolleyes:
Original post by Dukeofwembley
im from harlseden lol

but im grown up, dont even listen to grime anymore, well old school roll deep dizze still has a spot in the heart

but women talking like men is a turn off

Trudat :yep:
Reply 24
Original post by Mr Smurf
Because you see plenty of Oriental guys with white girlfriends in real life. :rolleyes:

I do. Maybe your problem is that you, not your race.
Original post by TinM
Aah story of my life :smile: I find ridiculous how my parents expect me to live in a multicultural country for so long and not expect me to find someone outside my race attractive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know, i'm quite curious to see what would happen if in the future i came home with a white boyfriend, knowing my parents, the only time they might not care is if the guy was super rich with a great job or a hard core christian (with a great job) *sigh* -.-
Reply 26
I'd date black, white, asian and anything really doesn't matter to me as long as they are not pretentious idiots
Reply 27
Original post by lazershus
i know, i'm quite curious to see what would happen if in the future i came home with a white boyfriend, knowing my parents, the only time they might not care is if the guy was super rich with a great job or a hard core christian (with a great job) *sigh* -.-

That will probably never happen to me since I find any excuse I can to get out of going to church, they'd probably think he 'led me astray' or something lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nanometre
I honestly don't see race as something that would affect the person I'd date. If they're nice 'n stuff, then why would their race matter? It's not an issue.

Plus mixed race kids are the cutest.

Totally agree with the first point you raised but seriously the second? It is the most ANNOYING thing when people are like 'X kids / people are always the cutest or better looking' people from all races can be beautiful, don't be so shallow.
This is gonna come across as really racist, but I'm not often attracted to black men, unless they are the types that reject gangsta/rap/chav culture and actually come from the UK. For that matter, I'm not into white men who idolise rap/gangsta/chav culture either. Nor am I into black people who are obsessed with their race and "heritage" (annoys me about people of Irish heritage as well). The black men I've always been attracted to are the ones who "act white" - like metal music, follow politics, dress that way, etc. It sounds horrible & bigoted but true. It's a cultural thing moreso than physical appearance.

I'm rarely ever into Asian men (Oriental, South and Middle East), but I do often find South American/Spanish/Italian/Greek men attractive.
I am doing :smile: I'm mixed, white and black Carribbean, and my boyfriend is white.
I don't seem to be attracted to very dark skinned girls, just personal preference. So I'd say Asian, oriental etc yes, but African not very likely due to the skin tone, not some sort of "race" element. (Obviously skin tone varies across Africa.)
Reply 32
Original post by Chickenhawk
This is gonna come across as really racist, but I'm not often attracted to black men, unless they are the types that reject gangsta/rap/chav culture and actually come from the UK. For that matter, I'm not into white men who idolise rap/gangsta/chav culture either. Nor am I into black people who are obsessed with their race and "heritage" (annoys me about people of Irish heritage as well). The black men I've always been attracted to are the ones who "act white" - like metal music, follow politics, dress that way, etc. It sounds horrible & bigoted but true. It's a cultural thing moreso than physical appearance.

I'm rarely ever into Asian men (Oriental, South and Middle East), but I do often find South American/Spanish/Italian/Greek men attractive.

black men don't give a ****. are you black?
In theory, I would because there's nothing wrong with it. For some reason though, I've only ever fancied white British guys (I don't think others of different ethnicity are bad looking at all, just never been attracted to one).
As long as I can speak to them I don't mind, I can't have a relationship with someone who I can't have a conversation with :smile:
sure i'd date someone of a different race if i wanted to because with me i dont judge on looks or colour or ethnicity or even history i make decisions on their personality
btw im a girl but if i was a guy if i thought you were nice then sure i'd date you regardless of colour
Original post by Chickenhawk

You need to get out more and cut out the stereotypes many blacks listen go rap are smart and it to politics do not make assumptions. Oh and blacks are not known as chavs or sterotyped that way go figure!
Reply 37
Sure, I'd happily date an east Asian.

Would never date a black woman, they're just far too mannish.

Some middle eastern girls can be cute, especially Iranians. But I suppose Iranians really come under the same race as Europeans...
Reply 38
Original post by rlw31
I do. Maybe your problem is that you, not your race.

Well I have yet to see them. :rolleyes: All races have distinctive features. Oriental guys tend to have features that white girls dont find attractive sadly. :frown:
Anyone that'll have me :emo:

But yeah defo, I am intrigued by difference as I lived most my life in a predominantly white English area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending