The Student Room Group

Work during exams?

I have a part time job where I usually work each saturday plus two or three days during my holidays. As I only have 6 exams, two in may and the rest in june I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to work during the exam period... say at weekends if I don't have any exams and perhaps during the week, or perhaps I would be better off devoting my time almost entirely to exams and revision? I'm not the cleverest person but if I work hard I should (hopefully) be able to acheive AAB or ABB. What do you think?
I'd suggest to keep working at the weekends. The break of going to work will be good for you.

Not sure that during the week would be good though, especially in the weeks you have exams.
Roger Kirk
I'd suggest to keep working at the weekends. The break of going to work will be good for you.

Not sure that during the week would be good though, especially in the weeks you have exams.

:ditto: Your exams need to take priority for now. You can always make up for it by working more afterwards.
Reply 3
Oh I have gaps of like whole weeks between exams. I think you're right it would be good to have a break from exams and earn some money too!
I've just got a new job which is 18 hrs a week and I'm probably even gonna try and cut my hours during the exams as its 6pm-10pm at night!!
Reply 5
Don't give it up completely though during exam period, it's nice to go and do something useful that doesn't involve revision while exams are on!
i got time off work during my January Exams and GCSEs but I think i've probably used up all m holiday time now
Reply 7
If it was me I would still work because I never revise:redface:
Reply 8
I've just got a new job which is 18 hrs a week and I'm probably even gonna try and cut my hours during the exams as its 6pm-10pm at night!!

You're not the only one. I'll be working 20 hours a week. But I'm sure I'll cope. Best get the revision in now before it's too late!

To the OP: work during your exams if you think you'll be able to cope. If you think your grades will suffer then don't. You've only got 6 exams anyway which doesn't seem that bad. Going to work could actually be a bonus because you're getting paid for it (obviously) but it'll probably make your revision more effective, as you will have less time to revise.
brown
You're not the only one. I'll be working 20 hours a week. But I'm sure I'll cope. Best get the revision in now before it's too late!

To the OP: work during your exams if you think you'll be able to cope. If you think your grades will suffer then don't. You've only got 6 exams anyway which doesn't seem that bad. Going to work could actually be a bonus because you're getting paid for it (obviously) but it'll probably make your revision more effective, as you will have less time to revise.

I'm not even sure I will cope, I guess I'll see once I get going...I find it so hard to actually revise its so annoying!!
Reply 10
I've handed in my notice now so that I can properly concentrate on my summer exams. I've been there 14 months though, and worked all during my AS exams last summer (although I did cut it down to only 1 day a week when my exams were on). It's scary that for 2 months I'll be broke, but I'll probably get a full time job as soon as my exams are over.
Roger Kirk

:ditto:

I agree with that! :smile:
Reply 12
Cool thanks for the advice guys. I'm probably going to work once a week just for some money and breathing space from revision!

Latest