The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

BSc in Economics at LSE for those not doing A Levels.

Hi everyone

I have seen lots of threads about this, but I haven't found any that mentions the entry requirements for those who had done preparation courses other than AS/A2.

I'm considering doing a foundation course (a.k.a. NQFL 3) at Birkbeck and their current Business, Economics, Finance & Management pathway (from which you're allowed to choose up to 3 modules) includes the following modules:

Accounting, Business, Economics

International Relations, Law, Mathematics

Media, Psychology, Sociology

Now as far as I know, in A levels it is highly recommended to have a perfect balance between strong and essay based subjects (e.g. Math/Further M, Physics, English, History etc). But how about if you're doing a 1 year foundation course with the subjects mentioned above? Here's the link btw http://www.london.foundationcampus.com/en/programmes/ufp/

There are other pathways as well, with even more suitable subjects like Chemistry and Physics, but since it's BSc in Economics, would it be reasonable to stick to my first choice -- Business, Economics, Finance & Management or do another pathway where you can choose instead Math with Physics etc. like the one in the Life Sciences pathway?

I hope someone could give me a right direction.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending