The Student Room Group

Student Finance, will my nightmare end?

It's been a long and dire process so I'll cut to the chase. This is my first time applying for funding and every time I think it's over, something new comes up. So, can someone please give me a forecast as to when I can expect my payments to come in, I would be ever so grateful!

Status: My application is approved, and it says they need to confirm my attendance with the Uni. According to my Uni account I have no outstanding balance so I assume this point of contact is over. On my 'View Payments' section, my payments are labelled as 'Blocked', apparently this means they're checking my Ni number. So, how long will this take???
Reply 1
Hello Zizo47,

Great news that your payments are blocked, purely because of the checking of NINO with the Department of Work & Pension.

The way that it works is, as soon as we received your student declaration form and it has been scanned and authorised for the AY, we will then send your NINO to DWP on the next available Wednesday. And, it will be returned the following Wednesday. If NINO has been verified and valid, the payments will be automatically unblocked thus SLC being able to make the first instalment payment.

Once the payments have been unblocked, they will be submitted to your bank and you should expect a payment within 3-5 days.
Reply 2
Original post by Spogg
Hello Zizo47,

Great news that your payments are blocked, purely because of the checking of NINO with the Department of Work & Pension.

The way that it works is, as soon as we received your student declaration form and it has been scanned and authorised for the AY, we will then send your NINO to DWP on the next available Wednesday. And, it will be returned the following Wednesday. If NINO has been verified and valid, the payments will be automatically unblocked thus SLC being able to make the first instalment payment.

Once the payments have been unblocked, they will be submitted to your bank and you should expect a payment within 3-5 days.

Nooooooooo, it got scanned on Friday so basically I'll have to wait a minimum of 12 days before getting paid :frown:

Thanks a lot for the reply though, you've been a great help :biggrin:
Reply 3
You're very welcome! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending