The Student Room Group

Really really like someone

Basically, I've got myself into a confusing situation.. I've been texting a few people over the past year since I broke up with my first (proper) girlfriend.. (Proper meaning excluding those silly 1 day r'ships you done in primary school and secondary school for fun basically).

There's always been one girl that has 'stood out' as such.. She was my first kiss of 2012, and we've been meeting ever since, just casually however, like if we saw each other on a night out we'd spend the whole night basically together etc. And over this past while we've been arranging to meet each other and we have been.. But I don't think she's as keen as I am, and I don't want to ask her if she's interested in a relationship just in case I ruin everything.

I think she just wants to casually meet me and other boys, like basically what we've been doing up until now, but now I don't feel 'right' if I meet other girls/text other girls the way I used to..

We have a night out planned for this weekend, I don't know if I should hold off until then or just ask her soon(ish).

Any advice on if I should text her and ask her, or wait until we are face to face and with each other. There's no doubt I'm falling for her, so I was thinking of telling her how I feel, and asking her if she wanted to continue meeting the way we are, because if we do, I'll just fall deeper and deeper until it's too late and then I learn the hard way it's not me she wants and I'll end up heartbroken. Basically an 'all or nothing' situation..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gary2315
Basically, I've got myself into a confusing situation.. I've been texting a few people over the past year since I broke up with my first (proper) girlfriend.. (Proper meaning excluding those silly 1 day r'ships you done in primary school and secondary school for fun basically).

There's always been one girl that has 'stood out' as such.. She was my first kiss of 2012, and we've been meeting ever since, just casually however, like if we saw each other on a night out we'd spend the whole night basically together etc. And over this past while we've been arranging to meet each other and we have been.. But I don't think she's as keen as I am, and I don't want to ask her if she's interested in a relationship just in case I ruin everything.

I think she just wants to casually meet me and other boys, like basically what we've been doing up until now, but now I don't feel 'right' if I meet other girls/text other girls the way I used to..

We have a night out planned for this weekend, I don't know if I should hold off until then or just ask her soon(ish).

Any advice on if I should text her and ask her, or wait until we are face to face and with each other. There's no doubt I'm falling for her, so I was thinking of telling her how I feel, and asking her if she wanted to continue meeting the way we are, because if we do, I'll just fall deeper and deeper until it's too late and then I learn the hard way it's not me she wants and I'll end up heartbroken. Basically an 'all or nothing' situation..

OP, too much thinking here. Don't you THINK that you should go on and find out so that you KNOW. This thinking is just making you explore the things you don't need to. If you like her that much then build up the courage and bring it up in a casual conversation. It would be easier than just thinking! Good luck OP! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Silver Lining
OP, too much thinking here. Don't you THINK that you should go on and find out so that you KNOW. This thinking is just making you explore the things you don't need to. If you like her that much then build up the courage and bring it up in a casual conversation. It would be easier than just thinking! Good luck OP! :smile:

Took your advice and asked her.. She said she is DEFO not interested in an R'ship.. Was gutted but relieved to know. We agree'd that we'd both keep meeting just as we do, providing that I don't get ahead of myself.. This girl is wonderful, I'm glad we can still keep meeting. But I know where I stand now and will hopefully be able to take it a bit more casually.
Original post by Gary2315
Took your advice and asked her.. She said she is DEFO not interested in an R'ship.. Was gutted but relieved to know. We agree'd that we'd both keep meeting just as we do, providing that I don't get ahead of myself.. This girl is wonderful, I'm glad we can still keep meeting. But I know where I stand now and will hopefully be able to take it a bit more casually.

that is so courageous of you OP ! How do you feel? :smile: I am happy to hear that you are at a stable position, but if you are upset, just pour your heart out to me anytime :smile:
If you never try then you never know :smile: Well done for being mighty :biggrin:

I bet it feels better to know where you are now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending