The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
5ft 6 - 6ft only because I'm 5ft 7 :smile:
What is the point of this? You can't change your height unless you're still growing (and even then, doing so would probably require starvation techniques, which are not healthy).

I don't think height is one of the key parts of a relationship/ attraction in all honesty. A lot of "hot" actors are actually quite short. There are plenty of pretty average-looking guys who come in at 5'10 to 6'2 - I don't think their height drastically changes their attractiveness. Admittedly, maybe someone on either end of the extreme may have problems - but again, you can't do anything about it so stop worrying. Worry about something you can control, like weight, muscle tone, aftershave, hair, small talk, whatever.
Reply 22
Original post by McMurdo
Your post actually made me laugh out loud :P

:hat2:
5' too 5'7. I dont really care, but below 5'6 is ideal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Sheldor
5' too 5'7. I dont really care, but below 5'6 is ideal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hunny, not many guys are that short. Well maybe 13-15 year old boys.
Reply 25
I'm 5ft6.
Over 5ft10 is good.
I have fancied someone 5ft4.
Reply 26
Original post by PinkyQT

Not many 13-15 year olds are that short either to be honest, at least 60% the year 9s at my school are at least 5'7", and in year 11 (my year) looking around nearly everybody is touching 6ft.
Reply 27
Original post by Llewellyn
What is the point of this? You can't change your height unless you're still growing (and even then, doing so would probably require starvation techniques, which are not healthy).

I don't think height is one of the key parts of a relationship/ attraction in all honesty. A lot of "hot" actors are actually quite short. There are plenty of pretty average-looking guys who come in at 5'10 to 6'2 - I don't think their height drastically changes their attractiveness. Admittedly, maybe someone on either end of the extreme may have problems - but again, you can't do anything about it so stop worrying. Worry about something you can control, like weight, muscle tone, aftershave, hair, small talk, whatever.

As I said in the OP, I know there is more to overall attraction than just height and, as you stated, for some people it plays no part in the attraction. The reason I created the poll is because, in my experience, height is one factor that women have consistently brought up. Many have said they prefer green, brown or blue eyes; brown, black or blonde hair; thin, athletic or well built bodies; but, in my experience, women have almost always said the same thing for height - that taller is better. So I posted here to see if others have had the same experience etc.
Reply 28
Original post by Redolent
I will never understand why so many women care so much about how tall men are.

I have to make it sound like it doesn't really bother me, but jesus ****ing christ.

lmao - men are fashion items to some women, or even "solve" their own insecurities - apparently.
Reply 29
Original post by Don Dadda
Not many 13-15 year olds are that short either to be honest, at least 60% the year 9s at my school are at least 5'7", and in year 11 (my year) looking around nearly everybody is touching 6ft.

Yeah you're right actually.
Reply 30

You think that's bad, half of the year 7s were taller than me :/
Reply 31
Original post by ct2k7
You think that's bad, half of the year 7s were taller than me :/

I think it's good, how tall are you?
Reply 32
I think it's good, how tall are you?

5'2" - just. My medical certificate has me at 157cm, but I measured slightly less. I was one of the shortest, but not the shortest from year 8 onwards when I was in the upper 6th.
Reply 33
Must be at least 6'1'' I'd say

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 34
Most girls I think prefer taller men at around 5ft 9 or 10ish +.Then again my ex girlfriend was 2 inches taller than me.

But if theres a huge height difference it can just look ridiculous and I dont understand why 5ft girls would claim they need a 6ft+ boyfriend.

shaq-and-hoopz-at-bacardi-gold-vip-cocktail-reception.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PinkyQT

Yeah, I know.:frown: It sucks, but since i'm 5'1 it would be so much easier. I'm fine settling for taller guys, though-that was just my ideal guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by McMurdo
As I said in the OP, I know there is more to overall attraction than just height and, as you stated, for some people it plays no part in the attraction. The reason I created the poll is because, in my experience, height is one factor that women have consistently brought up. Many have said they prefer green, brown or blue eyes; brown, black or blonde hair; thin, athletic or well built bodies; but, in my experience, women have almost always said the same thing for height - that taller is better. So I posted here to see if others have had the same experience etc.

If you look at this in a very basic way then yes, taller is better.

Tbh though, all these little things like eye colour, hair colour, height, etc really aren't as important as most guys think (they help yes - but they aren't that important overall). They can be generalised into "overall attractiveness" but a single feature is not vital.
Reply 37
Original post by Llewellyn
If you look at this in a very basic way then yes, taller is better.

Tbh though, all these little things like eye colour, hair colour, height, etc really aren't as important as most guys think (they help yes - but they aren't that important overall). They can be generalised into "overall attractiveness" but a single feature is not vital.

Lol, I am looking at it in a basic way. Like I said, I know it has little to do with overall attraction to a person. My only point was that it's the only individual feature where, in my experience, girls have always preferred one thing in terms of height for a man - being taller. Whereas with my example of eye and hair colour, in my experience girls tended to have mixed opinions. The poll isn't meant to signify which men of certain heights are more likely to be appealing to girls, lol. It's a comparison solely of one feature.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
I'm 5'3" and I'd hate to go out with a boy that was over 6', it would be far too tall for me.
Any boy between 5'6" to 5'9 would do me really. 5'10" would be my limit.
My boyfriend is 5'8" and that's great for me :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my SK17i
I'm 5'2....but what's wrong with looking for a guy 6' to 6'5 eh?? =)

Latest