The Student Room Group

What do you think is the acceptable age limit between an older woman and younger man?

So yeah the above, what gap is a gap too far. I know it depends on what ages the two people are.

For example a 30 year old woman and 20 year old male?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would suggest below 80 for the "chick" and over 16 for the "hunk"
Reply 2
So 79 year old women are chicks?! Hahaha

Below 30 probably 6 years, above anything up to 10. Although I don't plan what I will think is acceptable/not acceptable in advance :wink:
Reply 4
Hmm... I'd say 5-6 years but obviously if a guy likes the girl then a 10 yr age gap won't bother him. I've seen it happen before, it doesn't bother them until he hits 30 and she hits 40 though..
Reply 5
Original post by Mae2012
So 79 year old women are chicks?! Hahaha

yeah didnt you know? they are hot!! :/ j.k. xD Im 18 and i would date someone who's 24 ...it depends what age you are tho if your teenager(17/18) then highest i would say is 23/24 and if you were over 20s then highest early 30s? Age doesn't really matter tho unless you were 12 then that will be a no no :lol:
For an adult guy its a girl half his age plus 7
Reply 7
Original post by a10
yeah didnt you know? they are hot!! :/ j.k. xD Im 18 and i would date someone who's 24 ...it depends what age you are tho if your teenager(17/18) then highest i would say is 23/24 and if you were over 20s then highest early 30s? Age doesn't really matter tho unless you were 12 then that will be a no no :lol:

12 should only be acceptable if you are the same age.

I'm asking as a lot of younger guys ask me out. I'm 28, although most people think I'm no more than 25.
As the single times roll on I'm starting to think only going for 35+ isn't working :/ lol

Reply 8
Original post by Mae2012

I'm asking as a lot of younger guys ask me out. I'm 28, although most people think I'm no more than 25.
As the single times roll on I'm starting to think only going for 35+ isn't working :/ lol

Well, what's the age gap of the people asking you out? If they seem really young and immature, they probably are..
Reply 9
Early to mid twenties, my main issue is expectations.

I think it's generally a disaster for a woman in her 30s dating a guy in his early 20s unless they both know beforehand it's not serious and temporary for a few months, say.

She needs to be thinking of settling down and having a family at that age, otherwise she'll end up leading a lonely life with cats to substitute for children.
Well why do you only go for 35+ if you are only 28. I would say ten years is acceptable age gap but maybe not if the person is 18 so in your case maybe 22.
Reply 12
Original post by jmcjmc2000
I think it's generally a disaster for a woman in her 30s dating a guy in his early 20s unless they both know beforehand it's not serious and temporary for a few months, say.

She needs to be thinking of settling down and having a family at that age, otherwise she'll end up leading a lonely life with cats to substitute for children.

I've missed the humour in your post. A woman need not do anything. What if you already have a child or God forbid - don't want kids?!

Reply 13
Original post by Guy Secretan
Well why do you only go for 35+ if you are only 28. I would say ten years is acceptable age gap but maybe not if the person is 18 so in your case maybe 22.

I normally do, and it's been okay. Although most are so eager to settle down its scary.

Reply 14
Original post by Mae2012

all you gotta do is hit me girl :wink: haha
Reply 15
Original post by Mae2012
I've missed the humour in your post. A woman need not do anything. What if you already have a child or God forbid - don't want kids?!

I'd +rep you for this but I'm on my mobile. Although I do want to settle down and have kids myself someday, I don't see why women "should" settle down and have kids whereas men aren't expected to if they don't wish to do so. I do understand that women aren't as fertile for as long as men, but what if the woman has no interest in having children?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by a10
all you gotta do is hit me girl :wink: haha

You're how old? 😛Lol

Original post by Mae2012
I normally do, and it's been okay. Although most are so eager to settle down its scary.

No I meant why do you only go for guys 35+
Reply 18
Original post by Mae2012
You're how old? 😛Lol

20 :wink: but we can make it work :lol:
Reply 19
Original post by Guy Secretan
No I meant why do you only go for guys 35+

Oh lol

Erm I like a guy that knows where he's going in life, doesn't want to get wasted. Plus the sex...think he's less likely to be very vanilla :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending