The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Law

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ra7148
I got an offer for Law (3 year LLB) in october and i just found out about this group now haha
any canadians from ontario coming for law?

there will be loads. I am a second year law student, and there are tons of canadians!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hi guys is this law school handing out offers of AAB or AAA for LLB LAW as the website and prospectus state differently....also are the options there for corporate/company law in 3rd year?
Original post by neal95
Hi guys is this law school handing out offers of AAB or AAA for LLB LAW as the website and prospectus state differently....also are the options there for corporate/company law in 3rd year?

Last year (when I applied) they wanted AAA but they reduced it to AAB on their website. They want AAB
Original post by Pavzky
Last year (when I applied) they wanted AAA but they reduced it to AAB on their website. They want AAB

Cheers mate, need to work my ass of to get the grades, what's the course like if I may ask? I'm currently doing law at a level so know about the basic cases eg donoghue vs Stevens etc
Original post by neal95

Yeah, there's company, banking, corporate, competition, conflicts (particularly good) etc. as you'd expect.
Excellent thanks for your information pavsky and le nombre
Original post by neal95
Cheers mate, need to work my ass of to get the grades, what's the course like if I may ask? I'm currently doing law at a level so know about the basic cases eg donoghue vs Stevens etc

No worries. Ha, I was exactly the same. Just a heads up, Leicester are quite lenient if you miss the requirements... I got ABB and still got in and someone (somehow) got in with BBC... I don't know that works lol. I thought I was lucky! But by no means take that advice haha. It's not worth the risk but you know that.

The course is good - it took me a couple of weeks to adjust to it because I had no exposure to law before university. It's pretty complex and almost long winded. Some parts of law are really hard to grapple with - contract law for me in particular and there are so many cases to learn. It just seems overly technical. They also spam you with reading which I've barely done (but nor have many other people). The workload is quite heavy sometimes but it's not impossible.
[QUOTE="Pavzky;45245648"]No worries. Ha, I was exactly the same. Just a heads up, Leicester are quite lenient if you miss the requirements... I got ABB and still got in and someone (somehow) got in with BBC... I don't know that works lol. I thought I was lucky! But by no means take that advice haha. It's not worth the risk but you know that.

The course is good - it took me a couple of weeks to adjust to it because I had no exposure to law before university. It's pretty complex and almost long winded. Some parts of law are really hard to grapple with - contract law for me in particular and there are so many cases to learn. It just seems overly technical. They also spam you with reading which I've barely done (but nor have many other people). The workload is quite heavy sometimes but it's not impossible.[/QUOTE thanks a lot for your info it's really helpful :smile: in expected to get predicted probably ABB but I have plans to firm Leicester so hopefully that's should aid them in giving me an offer
[/QUOTE thanks a lot for your info it's really helpful :smile: in expected to get predicted probably ABB but I have plans to firm Leicester so hopefully that's should aid them in giving me an offer

No worries! Any questions, send 'em my way. I'm sure you'll get an offer - I got ABC and teachers predicted me the same and I still got an offer. Got ABB at A2 and they let me in.
Reply 69
Hi guys! I also received a conditional offer from Leicester and debating whether to attend or not :s-smilie:
I just wanted to ask, is law at Leicester recognized? I mean I know its not the top school for law, not near the top, however is it a relatively reputable law school? An an international student I am just scared that upon graduation I wont receive a TC :s-smilie:
Original post by tikki-96
Hi guys! I also received a conditional offer from Leicester and debating whether to attend or not :s-smilie:
I just wanted to ask, is law at Leicester recognized? I mean I know its not the top school for law, not near the top, however is it a relatively reputable law school? An an international student I am just scared that upon graduation I wont receive a TC :s-smilie:

It's not recognised in terms of prestige and reputation compared to the likes of Oxbdridge, Warwick, LSE, UCL, Manchester etc. but if you look at rankings (which I am well aware is not definitive nor is it the only indicator of a uni's performance), Leicester has been going up in the rankings. In overall rankings it's generally a solid top 15-20 university in the country and for law it's similar - I think the lowest I've seen it is about 28th but other than that it's a solid top 20 university for both law and in general. Leicester grads have got TCs with magic circle firms. I definitely wouldn't worry that you won't get a TC because you go to Leicester because I don't think that's the case. Big law firms are/seem to be trying so hard to diversify and recruit graduates from other universities. Competition for TCs is pretty fierce anyway. I don't think going to Leicester will hinder your chances
Reply 71
Original post by Pavzky
It's not recognised in terms of prestige and reputation compared to the likes of Oxbdridge, Warwick, LSE, UCL, Manchester etc. but if you look at rankings (which I am well aware is not definitive nor is it the only indicator of a uni's performance), Leicester has been going up in the rankings. In overall rankings it's generally a solid top 15-20 university in the country and for law it's similar - I think the lowest I've seen it is about 28th but other than that it's a solid top 20 university for both law and in general. Leicester grads have got TCs with magic circle firms. I definitely wouldn't worry that you won't get a TC because you go to Leicester because I don't think that's the case. Big law firms are/seem to be trying so hard to diversify and recruit graduates from other universities. Competition for TCs is pretty fierce anyway. I don't think going to Leicester will hinder your chances

That reassures me and Im more certain on Leicester now, thanks!
Reply 72
Hey I'll be joining as a first year student for law this year!! Anybody stayed in Digby before??
How was it? How was the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending