The Student Room Group

Deloitte - Final Interview thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by orionmoo
I was told on Friday morning I'd receive "an official offer letter on the online system shortly" however there's nothing there - did you receive anything on there after you were offered the job? What should I be looking out for?

Yeah, once you've confirmed 'accept offer,' it should show up as the final correspondence. Includes details such as hours, salary, rewards scheme etc. I imagine they're pretty busy atm though so probably give it 5 days or so (my offer came a week after my final interview).
Reply 61
Original post by matthewrgb
Yeah, once you've confirmed 'accept offer,' it should show up as the final correspondence. Includes details such as hours, salary, rewards scheme etc. I imagine they're pretty busy atm though so probably give it 5 days or so (my offer came a week after my final interview).

Did you have to email over your A Level certs before it changed online? I received my offer from the interviewer on the phone the day after my interview, then grad recruitment emailed me a few hours later and just said it'd be up there shortly. I'll give it a few days then anyway, since if it's a manual thing then obv it wouldn't happen over the weekend. Just emailed them photocopies of my certificates anyway so we shall see.

Cheers :smile:
Did you have to email over your A Level certs before it changed online? I received my offer from the interviewer on the phone the day after my interview, then grad recruitment emailed me a few hours later and just said it'd be up there shortly. I'll give it a few days then anyway, since if it's a manual thing then obv it wouldn't happen over the weekend. Just emailed them photocopies of my certificates anyway so we shall see.

Cheers :smile:

I got telephoned to say I was successful on the Friday and the offer came up online on Monday, don't panic! And no the offer comes up regardless of sending certificates or not

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I was invited to Deloitte's final interview where we got 13 candidates. HR said they would recruit at least 10 and even would ask head office if it's possible to over recruit.

But the truth turned out to be they just recruited 6.

I'd say your offer depends significantly on your performance at the partner interview given the final interview was separated to AC at Deloitte. And your performance really depends on the partner individually.

So I don't think there is much you can do. Just make sure you are fully prepared with your presentation and business awareness. you can be expected to talk something about the current regulations like Audit Rotation, or about the Deloitte's clients or competitors, etc. And bear in mind that do not talk anything you are not sure.

Finally it's quite necessary to prepare 2 business stories that you are currently following which could be a M&A case like HP's Autonomy Acquisition, a IPO case like RBS's Direct Line IPO, or a economic trend like China Slow down or increasing amount of M&A in Oil & Gas industry.

It would be perfect if you can relate every story to your motivation to work for Deloitte.

PS Do not ask too many questions to partner at the end. 3 is enough and it would be even better you can draw some questions from his/her answer to show you are listening carefully.
Reply 64
Got a Deloitte Offer for Corporate Finance - Forensic Technology for 2013 :smile:

Hi orionmoo,

I have my final interview tomorrow, with the same presentation topic.
How did yours go? What sort of questions were you asked?

Reply 65
Original post by chigz92
Hi orionmoo,

I have my final interview tomorrow, with the same presentation topic.
How did yours go? What sort of questions were you asked?

Just think about tailoring the talk, or at least the conclusion of it, to the service line you've applied to. What it would mean for you and your colleagues working in the sector.

For the interview just get up to scratch on your competencies, i.e. team work, leadership, persuasion/convincing a group/difficult times and have a good think not only about your strengths in those areas but your weaknesses too, and make sure to put a spin on it. e.g. In the past I've had the downfall of x, however recently, due to y, I've done z to correct this/change this at set a goal/target etc...
I just had a Deloitte final interview and got the offer, didn't get asked a single competency question or any commercial awareness questions (apart from the presentation).

We had quite an analytical conversation about the presentation topic after I finished and the partner was asking me for my views on different aspects relating to the topic. After that he just wanted me to talk about myself and my career path (which is slightly unusual as I'm a career switcher + a mature applicant). Following that it was just him talking about how great Deloitte is and essentially I got the feeling that he was very much trying to recruit me to join. Overall a very good experience!

I had prepared quite a lot of commercial awareness topics and also had revisited the competency areas. But like everyone says, the final interview experiences seem to vary hugely!
Reply 67
Am I allowed to use the same competency answers as I did in the first interview?

Also, does anyone know how many people they take on that get to the final interview stage?
Reply 68
Original post by chigz92
Am I allowed to use the same competency answers as I did in the first interview?

Also, does anyone know how many people they take on that get to the final interview stage?

The interviewer will have had a chat with the previous and have his notes, mine asked 1 that was the same and like 2 different ones and the rest of the time, other than the presentation, was more of a general chat, what i felt about long or abnormal hours, travelling, etc

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 69
I have a first round interview with audit next week, can someone please shed some light on this??? Really want to get in :smile:
Reply 70
I received an offer after my final interview today.

Im doing Corporate Finance - Forensic Technology Industrial Placement!
Reply 71
Original post by chigz92
I received an offer after my final interview today.

Im doing Corporate Finance - Forensic Technology Industrial Placement!

Ah I'll be on the grad scheme for that hopefully! Is yours guaranteed or is it conditional on getting say a 2:1 in your second year? I just need to get my 2:1 ugh. I'm really looking forward to it though!

Drop me a PM if you want to chat about it :smile:
Reply 72
Thanks orionmoo, I will do that soon :smile:

just quickly, I received an email today about my offer, but how long does it take for them to send you through the contract and offer information?
Reply 73
Original post by chigz92
Thanks orionmoo, I will do that soon :smile:

just quickly, I received an email today about my offer, but how long does it take for them to send you through the contract and offer information?

I haven't received anything at all. I had the offer on their online system, which I accepted through the system, and I've had to send off a referencing form. Other than that I've had no physical paper work through the post from them. They said to me that I'd receive my actual contract and notification of salary roughly 4 weeks before starting. I'd imagine since you're on a placement scheme, they'd send it out within a few weeks from you accepting the offer provided it's not conditional on your second year results. May be best having a look at some placement specific threads if there are any?
Got my final interview this Friday, so I'm probably massively tempting fate here, but once you get the offer is there a time limit to accept it? If so how long? Thanks in advance.
Reply 75
Original post by R1ncew1nd16
Got my final interview this Friday, so I'm probably massively tempting fate here, but once you get the offer is there a time limit to accept it? If so how long? Thanks in advance.

5 days
Original post by R1ncew1nd16

5 working days unless you ask for an extension. At least this was the case for me.
5 days

Original post by string_bean_jean
5 working days unless you ask for an extension. At least this was the case for me.

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 78
Hiya!
Has anyone had interviews for Indirect Tax Services industrial placement??

:smile:
Anyone going for the Birmingham office? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending