The Student Room Group

medical schools

Hey, I'm portuguese and I want to go to medical school but in my country the grades are to high. I was thinking study abroad, i've been seeing medical schools in europe like Charles (in prague) but I can't afford, can you guys please help me find one with low fees? I don't mind study outside of europe. Thank you!:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by HopingGirl
Hey, I'm portuguese and I want to go to medical school but in my country the grades are to high. I was thinking study abroad, i've been seeing medical schools in europe like Charles (in prague) but I can't afford, can you guys please help me find one with low fees? I don't mind study outside of europe. Thank you!:smile:

There are no fees for EU students in France, and very low fees in Italy also. The fees in italy are based on your income. The netherlands is also very cheap - approx 1500 euros per year I believe. (Maybe slightly more) However, for some of the courses you will need to become proficient in the countries language of course. Scotland also has low fees for EU students...~3500GBP I think.

I guess it all depends on what language you want to be taught in, and also what your yearly budget is or what student support you are entitled to.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you, I tought in Italy but it's kind of a new programme (in english) and I don't know nobody there, I'm now considering going to CR, my parents say that they can manage. Thank you for you help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest