The Student Room Group

Need Help with OCR MEI

Hi there guys,

I need some help which I hope can be offered by the wonderful people of tsr.

I am currently doing A Level Maths and Further Maths on the exam board OCR MEI. I was wondering whether or not I will be able to sit C3 and C4 modules, having only done C1 and C2. What I mean, is that is C1 and C2 knowledge good enough to apply to the C3 and C4 modules. Furthermore, what modules do I need to have done before I do, Decision Mathematics 1, Numerical Methods and Differential Equations?

Many Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
C1 and C2 are the only prerequisites for C3 and C4, D1 is doable at any point, but is the most dull, pointless module you could possibly do (in my opinion anyways!) I think you need some C3/4 knowledge for differential equations, ie the basis that you do in c4 and numerical methods i assume follows on from chapter 6 in c3 which is the coursework module that outlines certain methods? Could be wrong though..
Reply 2
Original post by Stiffmeister
Hi there guys,

I need some help which I hope can be offered by the wonderful people of tsr.

I am currently doing A Level Maths and Further Maths on the exam board OCR MEI. I was wondering whether or not I will be able to sit C3 and C4 modules, having only done C1 and C2. What I mean, is that is C1 and C2 knowledge good enough to apply to the C3 and C4 modules. Furthermore, what modules do I need to have done before I do, Decision Mathematics 1, Numerical Methods and Differential Equations?

Many Thanks in advance.

Original post by Westb
C1 and C2 are the only prerequisites for C3 and C4, D1 is doable at any point, but is the most dull, pointless module you could possibly do (in my opinion anyways!) I think you need some C3/4 knowledge for differential equations, ie the basis that you do in c4 and numerical methods i assume follows on from chapter 6 in c3 which is the coursework module that outlines certain methods? Could be wrong though..

Unless he meant can he do C3 and C4 using just knowledge from C1 and C2?? 0.o In which case, I would say no, you probably can't...

D1 is pretty easy, you don't need any of the core modules for that. Don't know about NM, but I think the C3 coursework would help :P Don't know about differential equations either, but I expect the knowledge gained from all the core modules would help a lot :smile:
Reply 3
Cheers guys will rep you for answers

Thanks!!!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest