The Student Room Group

Explore Learning Interview

I have just received an email inviting me for an interview with Explore Learning. The position is for an Assistant Director, I'm in my last year at York Uni - so the position is to start next year.

Was just wondering if there is anyone who has had an interview with them, who could give me any tips, as I am really keen for this position! :smile:

Also I wasn't sure what to wear. I was thinking a suit, like pencil skirt, shirt and blazer but I think they may observe you with children so this might not be the right option? :confused:

Any interview help or info regarding the company would be so much appreciated!!

x
Reply 1
Original post by Rachx
I have just received an email inviting me for an interview with Explore Learning. The position is for an Assistant Director, I'm in my last year at York Uni - so the position is to start next year.

Was just wondering if there is anyone who has had an interview with them, who could give me any tips, as I am really keen for this position! :smile:

Also I wasn't sure what to wear. I was thinking a suit, like pencil skirt, shirt and blazer but I think they may observe you with children so this might not be the right option? :confused: [...]

If they have not informed you of the format for the interview then I would give them a ring to ask how formal it will be and whether or not it will involve dealing with children during the actual interview; some PGCE interviews do this. You have to remember that Explore Learning is primarily done after school and most staff seem younger than most teachers so I assume they would like to operate a more relaxed environment to get the best out of the children. Going in there with a stiff suit will make you stand out like a sore thumb in my opinion; go for some smart-casual if at all possible.
Reply 2
Hi there,

I'm also in my last year at York Uni applying for AD at Explore Learning! I found out today that I've got through to the telephone interview stage :biggrin:.

Did you have any luck with your application? x

Original post by Rachx

Also I wasn't sure what to wear. I was thinking a suit, like pencil skirt, shirt and blazer but I think they may observe you with children so this might not be the right option? :confused:

Any interview help or info regarding the company would be so much appreciated!!

x
Reply 3
Original post by karinakat
Hi there,

I'm also in my last year at York Uni applying for AD at Explore Learning! I found out today that I've got through to the telephone interview stage :biggrin:.

Did you have any luck with your application? x

Oh wow well done you! I didn't have the telephone interview, they just contacted me after my application to go to the face to face interview, which isn't until December! There is quite a lot of stages in the interview, role play, children and questions on marketing. I really need to start preparing!
Hi guys, I have an interview with Explore Learning next week! How did your interview go? Best of luck to both o you, was just wondering if you had any advice? xx

Quick Reply

Latest