The Student Room Group

Help urgentt!! Job interview at boots tommoroww!

Hi everyone!

I have an interview tommorow at boots and I'm really nervous. They're going to give me tasks to do and I've never had an interview like that. If any of you have had an interview there or currently work there could you please let me know what kind of tasks/questions they will put me under.

Also, they said I need to know about a product that appeals to me personally as that could be related to a task they ask me to do. Does anyone know what that might be and have any suggestions. I was thinking to choose a product from the No.7 range.

Below is what they emailed me:

We would now like to invite you to attend an assessment which will last no longer than 1 hour and will provide you with an opportunity to see what it is like to work for Boots. As part of the exercise will be on the shop floor, we ask that you wear smart dress. On arrival you will meet with a manager who will be really keen to learn more about you and will ask you some interview questions. Following this, you will be invited onto the shop floor to complete some short exercises. These exercises are based on the types of things you would normally do in the role. In preparation for one of the exercises that you may be asked to complete, please give some thought to a product which really appeals to you personally and is likely to be available in the store you are applying to.
Reply 1
I have my interview tomorrow! I'm soo nervous! How did yours go and what questions did they ask you?
Reply 2
Im in the exact same position!! Im really excited but so nervous for this interview. Have you had yours yet? How did it go, what sort of things did they ask? Good luck btw x
Reply 3
the interview i had at boots was piss easy
Reply 4
I got the job!!!! I'm so happy:smile:
It's okay just prepare loads. There are lots of great threads about the boots interviews so just read them. Be friendly and confident its quite informal so I felt quite relaxed. They just photo copy your passport then take you into a room to ask you some questions. They asked me:
- Why do you want to join boots?
- A time when you worked with people you didn't know well?
- A time when you notice someone needed help and helped them?
- A time When you have went out your way to help someone you didn't know?

Then she took me to the shop floor and took me to the hair products. She then asked how would I approach a teenager picking up and looking and lots of different products? Then teenager wants glossy hair so you have to explain what you would suggest for her. I just said show her the range of different products and to look at one which feature glossy hair.

Then we went on to the product I chose. This is a quite nice and easy one because you can pick something you personally use and just talk about it and talk about how teenagers and older people can use it.

I had to also spot confident and not so confident customers and say why. It was really empty though so I ended up having to just describe what I though a confident and non confident customer would act like.

Then I had to interact with customers. She gave me 5 minutes to walk around and ask people if they needed any help and she just walked around and stood from a far. No one needed my help and it was really quiet but just try your hardest to be friendly and confident and most people are really nice anyway.

Finally, she took me to an aisle where it was messy and ask me what could be improved. I then had 5 minutes to tidy it up and improve it. She then asked be why it needs to be presented in a good way and that was it!

I know it sounds a lot but if you just be really confident and get into the role it goes so quick! Mine ended up not even lasting a hour! I really hope this helps people as these forums have really helped me! Good Luck!!!! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Jadekaii
I got the job!!!! I'm so happy:smile:
It's okay just prepare loads. There are lots of great threads about the boots interviews so just read them. Be friendly and confident its quite informal so I felt quite relaxed. They just photo copy your passport then take you into a room to ask you some questions. They asked me:
- Why do you want to join boots?
- A time when you worked with people you didn't know well?
- A time when you notice someone needed help and helped them?
- A time When you have went out your way to help someone you didn't know?

Then she took me to the shop floor and took me to the hair products. She then asked how would I approach a teenager picking up and looking and lots of different products? Then teenager wants glossy hair so you have to explain what you would suggest for her. I just said show her the range of different products and to look at one which feature glossy hair.

Then we went on to the product I chose. This is a quite nice and easy one because you can pick something you personally use and just talk about it and talk about how teenagers and older people can use it.

I had to also spot confident and not so confident customers and say why. It was really empty though so I ended up having to just describe what I though a confident and non confident customer would act like.

Then I had to interact with customers. She gave me 5 minutes to walk around and ask people if they needed any help and she just walked around and stood from a far. No one needed my help and it was really quiet but just try your hardest to be friendly and confident and most people are really nice anyway.

Finally, she took me to an aisle where it was messy and ask me what could be improved. I then had 5 minutes to tidy it up and improve it. She then asked be why it needs to be presented in a good way and that was it!

I know it sounds a lot but if you just be really confident and get into the role it goes so quick! Mine ended up not even lasting a hour! I really hope this helps people as these forums have really helped me! Good Luck!!!! :smile:

Nice told you it was easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending