The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nope -- nothing yet. waiting for balliol.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
ooh so i am :smile:
No, but then my department told me not to expect to hear anything until at the earliest the third week of April, so I'm not especially worried :smile: First choice is Trinity and second Lincoln, but I'll be happy with any really.
Reply 4
I received the Uni offer on Feb 8, and got an offer from Exeter (second choice) on March 17. Hope that helps you figure out a timeline. I think you all from the third gf should be hearing from colleges within the next week or so, but the website does say that final allocation can in some cases take considerably longer. I suppose towards the end of the spring, things have started to fill up. Hang in there, it should not be long now!
Reply 5
I got the Dept. offer letter in Dec and college offer (Wolfson) in Feb.

Anyway, it's all meaningless to me anymore. :frown:
I worked it out from SouthEssex's timeline (37 days from offer letter), I should have got one last week I think (my offer was dated 27th Feb). I know that my college choice, Hertford, had only one place for Anthropology - so chances are slim I'll get it. Most of the other colleges that accept Anthro are the 'graduate' ones, which I'm not that keen on at all... Here's hoping that its not Wolfson (no offense to Seanz80)
Reply 7
My letter from ChCh last year (1st choice College, BCL application- 3rd gathered field) was dated 11th April, Colleges should be starting to send out letters around now.
passthesaltplease
I worked it out from SouthEssex's timeline (37 days from offer letter), I should have got one last week I think (my offer was dated 27th Feb). I know that my college choice, Hertford, had only one place for Anthropology - so chances are slim I'll get it. Most of the other colleges that accept Anthro are the 'graduate' ones, which I'm not that keen on at all... Here's hoping that its not Wolfson (no offense to Seanz80)

You should be lucky you're going to Oxford at all.

What the hell is wrong with Wolfson?

Jeez...
Reply 9
:ditto:
This time next year I hope I'll be in the same position as you guys - I really would love to go to Oxford for my postgraduate studies and I don't actually care what college I go to...
Reply 10
Angelil
:ditto:
This time next year I hope I'll be in the same position as you guys - I really would love to go to Oxford for my postgraduate studies and I don't actually care what college I go to...

Wolfson is a fantastic graduate college.

It's a common mistake to apply the reasoning behind selection of undergraduate college choice to those of postgrad choice. Lets not forget that the role of the college is very different for grads...
Fluffy
Lets not forget that the role of the college is very different for grads...

How?
Reply 12
Well for one, the college is not the teaching body
Reply 13
symun
Well for one, the college is not the teaching body

Exactly. The grad set up is more like a 'normal' university experience, the department is the main port of call, not the college.

Things like Senior Tutor fund access, funds for travel, accommodation rights, type of accommodation (i.e. couples accommodation, families accommodation if important to you), sports clubs (if you're that way enclined), etc. are probably the more important things to be looking at, rather than when a college was founded etc.

From anectdotal evidence, a fair few undergrad colleges treat their graduates like ****e...
Platocrates
You should be lucky you're going to Oxford at all.

What the hell is wrong with Wolfson?

Jeez...

I do feel really lucky...trust me it has been an uphill struggle to get into this position, and I have the opportunity that many,many people don't have.

I think with all the waiting for the process to finalise itself and the time spent thinking about whether or not I've made the right choice's, I focus on a small detail and essentially go up my own arse thinking about it.

From what I've read on TSR, Wolfson sounds like a really good college - I just had an opinion from a person I trust a lot and who know's Oxford really well, that I wouldn't be happy there. He really didn't have anything good to say.

The comment I made was meant to be lighthearted...sorry if I pissed you off.
So apart from making enemies on this thread, I'm actually rather keen to know if anyone has heard yet. I think term must have started again this week after the Easter break (same everywhere I suppose).

I'm seeing a friend who's also waiting for college tomorrow for a drink - so'll ask him too and report in!!!

Good luck, hope you get the college of your dreams.... (couldn't help it! :wink: )
Reply 16
tis still only 0th week! & admin staff seem to be catching up after the bank holiday...

anyhow - got my departmental offer in january & still haven't had college confirmed, grrr.
Reply 17
1st preference: Trinity
2nd preference: Wadham

Admissions just informed me that Trinity is full...at least for PG :thumpdown
zerocool
1st preference: Trinity
2nd preference: Wadham

Admissions just informed me that Trinity is full...at least for PG :thumpdown

Well with 35 places on offer, that was bound to happen quickly I suppose. Bad luck though for your first choice... I'm sure you'll get Wadham (which is across the road virtually from Trinity anyway.
Reply 19
passthesaltplease
Well with 35 places on offer, that was bound to happen quickly I suppose. Bad luck though for your first choice... I'm sure you'll get Wadham (which is across the road virtually from Trinity anyway.

thanks for your sympathy :wink:

wadham - fingers crossed - I heard they have really good parties there
& Prof. Sussman is a member...he interviewed me & encouraged me to go for the MBA, so I think it would be quite useful to have him around - although most of the current MBA students told me that he can be a prick...

Latest