The Student Room Group

Mark Bridger charged with the murder of April Jones

Although nothing is certain I'm in such a livid state right now. Hopefully if he's found guilty he'll get the **** kicked out of him in prison every day.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9589061/April-Jones-Police-launch-murder-inquiry-after-giving-up-hope-of-finding-her-alive.html#
That's tough on the family. Not even knowing if she's dead but still having a murder enquiry.

I hope that the media and the public aren't too quick to string him up. Our justice system isn't infallible and it would be a shame to complete ruin this guy's life as well as her families if he turns out to be innocent. Evidence does seem to point his way though.

Still hope she turns up OK though!
Reply 2
Charged is not the same as being found guilty.

What surprises me is that they named and shamed him so early in the investigation.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
He's not even been charged yet. He's under arrest on suspicion of the girl's murder.

But I honestly don't get how they can feasibly make a case against him at this moment in time.
Original post by Miracle Day
I'm in such a livid state right now.

Why? That just isn't logical or sensible. Nothing that is in the public domain tends to support an argument in favour of his guilt, and some things argue the opposite; yet you are livid?
I agree with Kevmiester, he hasn't been charged with anything; The Police have probably arrested him on suspicion of a different offence to the original one in order to question him for longer; Good idea in practice but what worries me is that this guy doesn't seem to have told the police anything conclusive about what has happened to April; He either knows nothing and is innocent or he is playing games.

I just hope they find the girl alive and well
Paul

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending