The Student Room Group

what to do when an ex finds out about you new boyfriend/girlfriend

Just got a message from an ex saying they had heard about my new boyfriend. Too afraid to reply incase they take it really badly. I had never told him because he always tried to make me jealous when I had tried to drop hints before. What do you say when you have been going out with the new boyfriend for quite a while already?
Nothing. It's none of the ex's business.
Reply 2
What did the text say? You can confirm it if you like, or you can ignore the text if you aren't on texting terms with your ex.

Unless he didn't know you and he had broken up, you shouldn't have to hide your relationship from anyone, and it'd come out eventually anyway (as you've found out).
Dump the new boyfriend and go back out with the ex. When the new ex (your current boyfriend) finds out about this, dump the boyfriend (your current ex) and go back out with your actual current boyfriend. Repeat until your actual current ex is sufficiently confused.
Reply 4
Why do you care about what your ex thinks? Are you really over him?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Just got a message from an ex saying they had heard about my new boyfriend. Too afraid to reply incase they take it really badly. I had never told him because he always tried to make me jealous when I had tried to drop hints before. What do you say when you have been going out with the new boyfriend for quite a while already?

If you're over him and there's nothing between you two anymore then it's none of his business. Why would you care how he reacts unless reacts badly means he'll do something violent to someone...
Reply 6
In the end, I told him how it is since I'm tired of tiptoeing round to protect his feelings and anger issues. Ever since, he hasn't spoken to me but has been b*tching to mutual friends. It's such a relief to have it off my shoulders now though! Yes, I'm long over him, but I don't think he reciprocate that.Would have been nice to have remained friends though!
Feel smug. :smug:
Original post by strawberry
Nothing. It's none of the ex's business.

WELL SAID!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Doesn't matter if he takes it badly. Don't worry about what he feels anymore, he's your ex.
Whether you reply or not it doesn't make a difference. I repeat...he's your ex!! :smile:
If you're worried about your ex, perhaps you're not ready for a new relationship yet.
Reply 11
Depends on the tone of his text... if it was bitchy, don't bother replying, if it was more conversational, maybe reply. It's always a really awkward moment...
Reply 12
Original post by MelissaJayne
If you're worried about your ex, perhaps you're not ready for a new relationship yet.

Oh, I'm ready for a new one just fine- I waited a courteous 6 months. Just didn't want to hurt the poor bloke's feelings too much if he was still hung up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending