The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Special
Firstly, a degree in economics and management would be more respected than a degree in international management because economics is a more respected academic subject.
Also, do not place too much emphasis on the Times/Guardian tables- Bristol has traditionally been much stronger overall and in economics than Bath (which became a 'top' department only after the 2001 RAE) and has a better reputation with employers.

just took the words from my mouth :biggrin:
I agree with special,Bristol is far and away the "best" offer in terms of an employable degree - red brick uni & well repsected course. The city is fun,exciting and great for young people,but the uni is a bit pretentious (students too). Having said that Bath is an amazing city,really safe, the campus is very near the center,clubs are small but fun. Also bristol is only half an hour away with regular buses if you fancy big city shopping or a night out. Cant really comment on the other offers but was a student at bristol and have lived in bath. Cant emphasize just how great a place bath is only negative i can think of is that the living costs are high. So a difficult decision but i would suggest if you are looking for a campus uni(proper uni atmosphere,frequently arranged theme nights,night club on campus,(went to this years freshers week was awesome look on the pics for the 007/james bond ball - i'm one of the undercover bonds in a wetsuit-top night!http://www.bath.ac.uk/students-union/impact/impact-stable/frontend/PhotoList.php?id=128233)the best gym facilities you'll find at a university,top notch team bath excellence scheme,) - and a brilliant city,great architecture,nice people, Pick Bath - however best career option probably bristol. Cheers the shark
sharky07/05
I agree with special,Bristol is far and away the "best" offer in terms of an employable degree - red brick uni & well repsected course. The city is fun,exciting and great for young people,but the uni is a bit pretentious (students too). Having said that Bath is an amazing city,really safe, the campus is very near the center,clubs are small but fun. Also bristol is only half an hour away with regular buses if you fancy big city shopping or a night out. Cant really comment on the other offers but was a student at bristol and have lived in bath. Cant emphasize just how great a place bath is only negative i can think of is that the living costs are high. So a difficult decision but i would suggest if you are looking for a campus uni(proper uni atmosphere,frequently arranged theme nights,night club on campus,(went to this years freshers week was awesome look on the pics for the 007/james bond ball - i'm one of the undercover bonds in a wetsuit-top night!http://www.bath.ac.uk/students-union/impact/impact-stable/frontend/PhotoList.php?id=128233)the best gym facilities you'll find at a university,top notch team bath excellence scheme,) - and a brilliant city,great architecture,nice people, Pick Bath - however best career option probably bristol. Cheers the shark

Bro All the things u mentioned are all available in Bristol. Its one of the most safest cities in UK. Nightclubs are abundant in bristol. Great social life. I dont need to talk about architecture. Sports facilities are out of this world..too good. pretty much everything available on campus. PLUS its also near to London...so u wont be isolated.

But one thing i also have to agree that Bristol living cost is damn expensive. Other than that..its a perfect place for students. Plus when U are doing a course in Eco and Mngt (which i am also doing :biggrin: and picked Bristol as my firm) its got to be the best choice after Oxford.

Latest

Trending

Trending